Chapter 13

Savannah woke up extra early so that she could get ready for the carnival. She was so excited that she couldn't even sleep in her brilliant new bed until the others got up. Instead, she got up and quietly gathered the clothes from her desk chair, that Gabe had set out the night before, she slipped them on, finding it difficult to do up the buttons on the shirt and ending up having the buttons in the wrong holes. She then, entered the bathroom as sneakily as possible to brush her teeth and hair. Although when brushing her hair she managed to miss the back of her head and therefor there was still a large knot there. She then walked towards the kitchen and managed to pull herself onto one of the chairs by first, pushing the button that adjusts its height. She sat down, her feet swinging back and forth and her trainers resting on the floor below, as she waited impatiently for the boys to get up.

Mr blackbourne was the first to appear, along with Kota- both boys surprised to see her half dressed and day dreaming out of the window. She turned around when she heard their footsteps and grinned  as she realised that they were all beginning to get up.
Kota decided not to question it and walked forwards, placing a gentle kiss on the crown of her head as he walked towards the coffee pot.

"You're up early- did you not like your new bed?" Asked Mr. Blackbourne as he sat next to her.

Savannah's eyes widened as she realised that they must think of her as greedy and selfish... They put in all that effort to make her room and now she wasn't even in it!

" I love it- I'm just excited to go to the carnivore," she said, as she clapped her hands together.

There was a slight chuckle that came from the doorway as Sean walked in, ruffling her hair as he passed.

"Do you mean carnival?" He asked her as he laughed again, watching as she frowned in confusion.

"That's what I said- carnivore."

"Carnival is the equivalent of a fair ground, somewhere with games and rides... Carnivore is an animal that eats other animals," said Kota as he pushed up his glasses with his index finger. Savannah's mouth formed an 'O' as she realised her mistake, she then sent a sheepish smile in Doc's direction. He just chuckled and squeezed her into a side hug before taking the mug of coffee that Kota was offering.

"Can I try some?" Savannah asked curiously, as she noticed that they were all drinking the same dark liquid. They all exchanged glances before Owen placed his mug in front of her, his being the coolest now as it was the first to be made.
Savannah leant forwards and peered into it, watching the swirling brown liquid and feeling the slight warmth touch her face. She picked it up and wrapped her tiny hands around it, bringing it towards her face and ignoring the fact that Nathan and North had walked into the room. She slurped a bit of the coffee, crinkling her nose and making gagging sounds as she tied to swallow the horrible liquid. After finishing her small mouthful, she quickly placed the mug back into the table and pushed it back towards Owen, her face still contorted in a look of disgust. Doc couldn't help the laughter that lit up his face as he went to make her a cup of juice. He placed it on he table in front of her, and watched as she eagerly drank it, trying to rid the bitter taste from her mouth.
Nathan smirked as he stepped forwards and lifted her from her chair, giving her a large hug and blowing a raspberry. She squealed and giggled loudly, Nathan's deeper laugh joining in as it echoed through the kitchen. But as he placed her on his hip, he noticed that her clothes weren't on properly.

"You excited to go some where? Come on short stuff, I would help sort you out but Gabe would probably skin me," said Nathan as he tugged on her hand gently, so that he would follow behind him. Gabriel was just leaving the bathroom, fully dressed, and rubbing his eyes when he saw Savannah walk in, her clothes askew and buttons done up in the wrong holes. He opened his mouth to say something but resided to just shaking his head and trying to contain his smirk.