Chapter 4

"North I want you to watch over her, make sure she isn't alone if and when she wakes up. The rest of you- we need to have a family meeting, Mr Lee, I want you to inform Mr Korba, Mr Griffin and Mr Taylor of our discovery from this morning, then come through to the kitchen," said Mr. Blackbourne as he managed to smoothly lift up Savannah's head and rest it on one of the cushions. He then stood up, straightening his tie as Nathan turned off the ending credits from the Star Wars movie. North moved to take his place, sitting next to the six year olds small, sleeping form as the rest of the guys stood up and left the room. Kota, Nathan, Silas and Luke went in the opposite direction so Kota could fill them in on their solemn discovery.
As the rest of the boys settled, Mr. Blackbourne decided on how he would broach the subject of Savannah's mother. They waited a couple of minutes for Kota and the others to join them before Owen started talking.
"I made some phone calls a few hours back to some people in the academy. It cost us a couple of favours but the information we have obtained is invaluable. Miss Savannah Williams does not exist."
Everybody began talking at once all asking the same questions, but as soon as Mr. Blackbourne began talking again, they stopped immediately- wanting to hear his every word.
"She is a ghost bird and the academy would like to keep it that way. So that in the future, if she wishes to join- she would remain as a great asset to them," he said, sending all of them off on yet another round of comments.
"She isn't just a fucking asset- she's six for fucks sakes!" Said Gabriel loudly over the rest of the voices.
"I understand and completely agree Mr Coleman- which is why we must come to a decision. As there is no way to find out if Savannah has any living relatives, the only remaining option is for her to be adopted into an academy family. This way, her ghost bird status would be intact and she would still have a responsible guardian to look after her. The choice that we need to make is whether or not we be the team that adopts her," said Mr Blackbourne, causing yet another wave of comments.

"We can't make that decision just yet... We haven't even known her for a full day," said Kota, quickly followed with Luke saying, "yeah and yet if she was adopted into another group they would have known her for even less time."

"Isn't there some way for us to get to know her better before we think about adopting her? Surely the academy will allow us some time with her to see how she fits in with the rest of the family," said Victor. 
"There is a possibility of us being allowed to keep her with us for a while, especially since her mother's death-"

"Doc," came North's voice as he jogged into the room quickly, sending a worried glance around to the rest of his brothers, "I think something's wrong with Savannah," he rushed out. Dr. Green immediately stood up, moving quickly out of the room, the rest of them following quickly behind, concern covering all of their features. Sean started asking questions, North replying as best as he could "she's got a pretty high temperature, I hadn't realised until she started shifting in her sleep like she was uncomfortable or something," he said. Doc made it to the sofa that Savannah was sleeping on, resting his hand against her forehead, he quickly realised that she did, indeed have a temperature.
"Someone grab a glass of water. Vic, go and grab my bag from the car," ordered Sean as he pulled the blanket, that had been draped over her, away from her over heating body. "Savannah sweetie, cupcake, cutie pie, pumpkin, buttercup, poppet- wake up," said doc as he lightly tapped her cheek. Savannah moaned as she opened her eyes slightly, squinting up drowsily at Dr. Green. The man in question gave her a gentle smile as he took the glass from Kota's hand, holding it up to her lips and urging her to drink. Savannah did as she was told, taking a few careful sips of water, before she slumped back tiredly onto the cushion.
"How're you feeling buttercup? D'you have a headache? Feel dizzy? Tummy ache?" He asked as Victor placed his medical bag by his kneeling form. 
" I feel dizzy when I sit up," she said, her voice stuffy. Dr. Green checked her temperature using a thermometer, before he came to the conclusion that she must have caught a nasty cold whilst out on the streets.
"Sweetie, how long had you been staying in that alleyway before I found you?" Asked Doc, anxious for the answer he was about to receive.
"When you found me it was my second day," she said quietly, sniffling by the end of her sentence. She rubbed her nose with her hand, before yawning loudly, her eyes closing shut once again.
"Hey, hold up on the sleep for a second poppet-we're going to need to get  some medicine down you first," said Doc as he rummaged through his bag, only to find that none of it was suitable for six year olds.
"Alright, I'm going to nip and get some meds for you okay? These guys are going to entertain you until I get back- just don't fall asleep alright? Or else you'll never take the medicine."
Doctor Green leant forwards and placed a gentle kiss onto the top of her braided hair, before he hurried out of the door, grabbing his keys and his wallet as he went. Victor followed, sending a small smile towards Savannah before he left with Sean.