Chapter 6

Dr. Green had to stay at the hospital to work, and Kota and Nathan had something to do so Victor drove, Savannah, Luke and Gabe to the diner.

They pulled up half an hour later, in front of a renovated church. Cars filled their designated spaces, and the words bob's diner were written across the front. Luke jumped out of the car as soon as it was parked and jogged over to Savannah's car door, opening it and unbuckling her belt. He helped her out of the car and held her hand as he brought her into the building. Inside she saw Silas on the till, busily cashing in money and handing out change.

"Silas!" Yelled Savannah as she let go of Luke's hand, running towards the giant Greek boy and wrapping her arms around his legs.

"Savannah!" Called Silas as he grinned, swinging her into his arms. After hugging each other tightly, Silas placed her feet back on the ground.

"Come on cupcake, you need to meet uncle- and I also want you to be the first face North sees- maybe that way he won't kill me for taking an early lunch break- do me a favour and be as cute as you can," said Luke as he gently nudged Savannah in the direction of the kitchens.

Inside stood a middle aged man and North. The man, who Savannah guessed was uncle, had his head down as he was pulling some pies out of an oven. North, however, had noticed the second that she and Luke entered the room. Savannah started to run towards him, grinning, just like she had done earlier with Silas, but then she realised she was in a kitchen and running wasn't safe, so instead she walked towards him quickly, placing her arms around his waist and pressing her face into his stomach.

"Hi North," she said sweetly, smiling up at him.

"Hey Savannah, look can we talk in a minute? I need to yell at Luke," he said as he patted her head gently.

"Please don't yell at Luke. I don't like yelling," she said quietly, pouting her lip slightly, and tightening her arms around his waist.

"Look baby girl, I'm not going to hurt him- just yell at him," he said. By this time they had caught the attention of Uncle who stood leaning against one of the counters.

"My mummy yells a lot... I don't like it," she said sadly. North frowned and looked down at her then, before that he had been angrily glaring at Luke who had held up a frying pan to use to defend himself.

"I'm sorry baby girl, I won't yell at him... I'll reprimand him-is that okay?" He asked her. Savannah- not knowing what reprimand meant- nodded her head happily, before burying her face into Norths t- shirt again. North smirked at the frightened expression on Luke's face, but before he could say anything their uncle took a step forwards, gaining the attention of the two brothers.

"Both of you break it up and introduce me to the cute little girl who's wrapped herself around North," he said, pointing a spatula in the child's direction.

"Oh," said Luke as he took a joyful step forwards, "this is Savannah, doc kidnapped her yesterday morning and we've kept her around ever since because of how adorable she is," he said grinning happily.

"It's lovely to meet you Savannah- I'm uncle," he said sticking out his hand. The young girl unwrapped her arms from around North, to shake his hand, still clutching onto her bear with the hand she didn't use.

"Your names uncle?" She asked in confusion.

"No but everybody calls me that," he said, chuckling.

"Are you really Luke's uncle?" She asked curiously.

"I sure am, doll," he said, ruffling her hair and laughing.

"Oh," she said dumbly, blinking up at him. He walked towards one of the fridges, opening it up and poking he head inside.