4

📩 NEW MESSAGE!

"Hmm what's this?" Kaneki opened the message.

---

From: Elizabeth Carter
To: Kaneki Ken

We need to talk. Meet me at Frankie's bar at 8pm tonight.

---

He typed a reply.

---

From: Kaneki Ken
To: Elizabeth Carter

Sure.

---

Kaneki was too excited in meeting Elizabeth and immediately after he sent that text message, he went to his wardrobe to pick out a nice set of outfit to wear. Touka watched as he took various clothes out and tried them on. "Are you going somewhere?"

"Yeah! I'm meeting Elizabeth tonight! So I won't be eating dinner." He grinned.

She smiled. "Have fun."

Night fell and Kaneki made his way to the bar, where they first met exactly one year ago. He secured a seat at a corner and patiently waited for her to arrive. It was still 7.30pm after all. 15 minutes later, she arrived and sat down in front of him.

He took her hand into his and brought it to his mouth, kissing the back of it. "I missed you." He said, gazing into her blue eyes.

Elizabeth awkwardly pulled her hand out of his and Kaneki looked at her with a worried expression on his face. "What's wrong?"

"I believe this belongs to you."

"W-why are you being so formal all of a sudden?" His eyes widened as she brought out the engagement ring he gave to her and placed it on the table in front of him. He stared at her, demanding answers.

What he thought could have been a great night was ruined by a single sentence.

"Let's break up."

"W-what? Why? Did I do something wrong?"

"You didn't. Listen. While I was overseas for my work, I met this guy. We were colleagues and we started off being friends. We had to go various places due to the nature of our work and because of that, we spent more time together. Overtime, I fell in love with him and so did he, with me."

"B-but I thought we were in love?" He reached out for her hand but she withdrew, refusing his touch. She then gestured to a man at another table and he came over, sitting down onto the sofa beside Elizabeth.

"This is the man I fell in love with and the man I want to be with for the rest of my life. I don't want to hurt you anymore so we have to break up. I'm sorry." She said, eyes downcast.

Kaneki refused to look at the man who stole his fiancée's heart, instead, his eyes were glued to the table. "Please just leave."

"I'm sorry Kaneki." Elizabeth apologized once again and left with the guy.

Staring down at the engagement ring, he took it into his hands and soon, tears dripped down his cheeks. That night, he drank and drank non-stop until the bar closed and the employees had to throw him out.

He made a call to Touka and she came down with a taxi and brought him home. He reeked of alcohol and she immediately knew something was wrong. He isn't the type of person who would get this drunk.

Staggering along the hallways, she struggled to hold Kaneki up and bring him to his room. Finally reaching his room, she managed to open the door and dropped him onto the bed.

She needed to get some water and a change of clothes for him but he pulled her down onto the bed and got on top of her. Tears dripped down onto her cheeks and Touka looked up at him. "Why Elizabeth? I thought we were in love! Don't go with that guy! Please don't break up with me..." He sobbed, leaning down to hug her.

What happened? She wanted to ask but he was in no condition to speak right now, seeing how horribly drunk he was. Her hands awkwardly went to his back, slowly going up and down, in an attempt to comfort him.

His body felt heavy and he fell onto her, snoring softly. Using her strength, she pushed him on his back and went to get the items she needed.

Coming back 5 minutes later, she changed his clothes for him and moved him so his head laid onto the pillow and the blankets were over his body. She crawled into his bed and watched as his chest heaved up and down slowly.

He looks horrible... Judging from his swollen eyes, he must have been crying quite a bit. It was already late and Touka was feeling tired. She closed her eyes and went to sleep.

Touken [Maid x Master]рдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ