6

"We're here." Kaneki said as he parked his car at a park.

The two exited and taking her hand into his, he guided her to the boardwalk. They took a short 5 minutes walk along the boardwalk while admiring the sunset.

At the end of the boardwalk, there stood a tall building

Taking the lift up till the 60th floor, they exited to a restaurant named "Le'cest Flouri"

Taking the lift up till the 60th floor, they exited to a restaurant named "Le'cest Flouri". Kaneki told the staff that he made a reservation for two and they were guided to their table.

Settling down, Touka quickly whispered to him, "this is a bad idea! I can already tell it's going to be expensive!"

He let out a small laugh. "It's fine! I wanted to bring you here. Look outside, isn't the view amazing?"

She followed his gaze, turning her head to look outside and was awed

She followed his gaze, turning her head to look outside and was awed. "It is amazing..."

"You don't have to worry about me spending this much. Because I'm the one requesting your company so it's only right that I return you. Order anything you want."

"O-okay." She picked up the menu and chose the cheapest dish.

After deciding their orders, he called for the waiter to order and their food arrived very fast. As Kaneki started to dig in, he noticed that Touka wasn't eating, instead, was staring at the various kinds of cutlery on the table with a puzzled look on her face.

She looks so cute... He chuckled quietly to himself and said while pointing to which ones she was supposed to use. "You use that and that."

The violet haired female flushed and grabbed them. "I knew that!"

He smiled and picked up his cutlery to dig in again. Touka watched as he ate and followed the way he used his cutlery.

They finished their main course and while waiting for their dessert, Touka noticed Kaneki looking out of the window, eyes sad. He is definitely thinking about Elizabeth... She was disappointed that even though they were having such a good time, he was still thinking about his ex.

Their dessert came soon after and after finishing their meal, they left the restaurant feeling very stuffed.

Kaneki decided a nice walk at the park where his car was would be ideal in digesting the food. At the corner of his eye, he spotted a certain blonde woman with a green haired guy exiting a building. He quickly pulled Touka into an alleyway and wrapped his arms around her waist, leaning in.

"W-wha?!" She was taken aback by his sudden action and didn't have time to react.

"Shh... Place your hands on my chest and lean in!"

She did as she was instructed and the two remained there in an embrace. They stared at each other and that was when Touka had the time to actually look at him. He had long eyelashes, beautiful grey eyes, a slim nose and those lips. In other words, he was very attractive.

Kaneki on the other hand, though was too occupied with thoughts of avoiding the couple, felt her eyes on him.

He stared at her for 10 seconds before realizing he's holding her for too long and released her. The two turned away from each other, both blushing.

"S-sorry." He apologized.

"I-it's okay.." She cupped her cheeks which was still burning at the thought of him being so close to her.

He was upset by the appearance of Elizabeth and her new boyfriend that he lost the feeling of wanting to go the park for a walk. "Let's head home now."

"O-okay." Though disappointed, Touka never asked what that was all about.

They never said anything to each other on the way back.

-Home-

After reaching the house, Kaneki quickly went to his room, leaving Touka behind. He sat down on his bed and buried his face in his hands. Why of all people, did I have to see her?

Touka slowly entered the room and closed the door quietly behind her. She walked till she was in front of him. "It was Elizabeth, wasn't it?" She took a guess.

Not raising his head to look at her, he replied, "that's right..."

She squatted down and cupped his cheeks, locking eyes with him. "I don't mind being a replacement. I can make you forget about her."

"What? No I can't. It's unfair for you. To date you when I still have feelings for her, is very unfair to you."

She shook her head and smiled. "If it can help make you feel better, I don't mind." She genuinely wished for Kaneki to be happy again, to be that cheery guy again. Even if it meant getting hurt.

"I-I..." He hesitated.

"It's okay." She said softly while caressing his cheeks.

He pulled her into his arms. "Thank you..."