22

Upon finding an empty room, Kaneki slammed the door behind them and exhaled, trying to calm down. A sob escaped Touka's lips and tears dripped down her cheeks. He turned to her with eyes looking down, apologizing, "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have left you alone there..."

She shook her head, a way of saying that it's not his fault and kept her head down. Raising his hands to cup her cheeks, he tilted  her head so they made eye contact. Her cheeks glistened with tears and he couldn't help but lean forward to press his lips onto hers.

They separated hesitantly and Kaneki used his thumbs to wipe away her tears, forcing a smile on his face. "Tell you what. Let's run away together."

Her eyes widened and she parroted him. "Run away?"

"That's right. We can go somewhere together, far away from all of this shit."

That idea sounded really appealing to her but there were concerns. Like her brother, like how far they could actually go. "B-but—"

He pressed a finger to her lips. "We could go to Hawaii or Paris. Let's bring Ayato-Kun along too. Wouldn't you like that?"

Thinking about how their lives would be so happy, Touka smiled. "I would love that."

"But I would appreciate it if Ayato-Kun would let me be alone with you for some couple time." He joked, earning a giggle from her and light punch from her onto his chest. Everything he says always makes her feel better.

"Let's go back to my house to collect our stuff and we're off."

She nodded. The black haired male pressed his ear against the door to check if there was anyone outside before opening it, looking to the left and the right of the hallway. Holding her hand tightly, he managed to find a way to sneak them out of the place without getting spotted by anyone.

- Time Skip -

After changing into some comfortable clothes and grabbing their important stuff, Touka had an important question. "Where are we going to spend the night?"

Looking down at his watch, he replied, "let's just spend it at a hotel since it's already late. We wouldn't want to disturb Ayato-kun's sleep, would we?"

"Okay."

He called for a cab and they took it to the nearest hotel. After entering their room, Kaneki placed their bags down at where luggages are supposed to be and scanned the room. Suddenly, he felt arms wrapped around his waist.

"What's wrong?"

Hearing no reply, he turned around and stared down at her. Touka stood on her toes and captured his lips, making his eyes widen in shock. She's someone who rarely makes the first move and yet, she's right there, kissing him and hugging him tightly.

They separated and looking down at her face, he could tell what she was thinking. Picking her up princess-style, he moved to lay her down gently on the bed, getting above her in the process.

He leaned down to press his lips against hers.