12

Standing in front of the door, Touka sucked in a huge breath and looked at her cellphone.

Meet me inside my room later. -Kaneki

She turned the doorknob and opened the door. The black haired male turned onto his side, facing her. He made a gesture with his hand, signaling her to go over. Touka placed her bag onto the floor before crawling onto the bed, sitting down in front of him.

Looking down at his messy black hair and his nice face features, she thought that he looked very handsome for someone who just woke up. Heck, he always looks handsome to her. He raised his hand to cup her cheek. "You look tired."

"Well that's because a certain someone called me 5am in the morning to tell that he loves me. I couldn't sleep a wink after that." She made an attempt to joke and she succeeded as he let out a chuckle. She continued. "What was that about anyway?"

Kaneki then proceeded to tell Touka about the business partner he met yesterday, Takashi and the dream he just had. The more he told her about it, the harder she squeezed his hand. It hurts hearing him talk about his ex.

"Elizabeth knew I now had you to care about and told me to cherish you. The dream ended there and I woke up, having a strong urge to tell you that I love you."

She immediately felt her heart pain go away after he said that. "And you actually called me to tell me that. You could have told me during work."

He sat up and encircled his arms around her waist tightly. "I wanted to let you know as soon as possible. That I love you a lot."

Touka's cheeks burned and she rested her hands on his back. They remained in an embrace for just a while before withdrawing.

Kaneki cocked his head to the side as he looked at her casual clothes. "You haven't changed into your uniform? I like how cute you look in that."

Trying to fight off and hide her embarrassment, she tried to sound tough. "So you don't like how I look in my normal clothes?" She said and turned so her back was facing him, and folded her arms across her chest.

His arms went around her waist and he rested his chin on her shoulder. His fingers intertwined around hers. "I didn't mean that. You know what I mean, don't you?"

"..I do know."

He pulled back and smiled. "Alright! Time to get to work!"