11

"Thank you. I will take my leave now. I look forward to working with you." Takashi held the files in one hand and raised the other.

Kaneki shook his outstretched hand and squeezed it. "Thank you too. Please take care of Elizabeth."

The green haired male smiled. "Don't worry. I will. Take care."

With that, he left.

That night, Kaneki had a dream.

Elizabeth stood in front of him. He walked towards her and stretched his hand out to her. She took a step back, refusing his touch and smiled. "Hello Kaneki."

He withdrew his hand. "What are you doing here?"

"That's not important. I assumed Takashi told you truth?"

"Yes he did."

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you earlier. I didn't have the guts. I was kinda scared you would get angry or something."

"For the past year that we've been dating, I'm sure you know I'm not the type who would get angry."

She let out a smile but her blue eyes reflected sadness. "I guess I didn't know you well enough. Putting that aside, I'm sure you have someone you care more about than me right now, am I right?"

Touka immediately came to his mind. "Yeah."

"Cherish her. If you like her, I'm sure she's a really nice girl."

"I will. I gotta go now."

"Go ahead. Take care."

The dream ended and Kaneki woke up. He looked around the room and at his clock. It was 5am. He had a sudden urge of wanting to tell Touka that he loves her. Picking up his cellphone and dialing her, he hoped that she would pick up.

"Hello?"

"Touka? I need to tell you something."

"What is it? It's 5am."

"I love you."

Silence came.

"W-w-what are you saying?"

"I'll tell you about it later when you come to work."

He placed down the phone and went back to sleep while Touka sat there, dazed and cheeks burning.