16

After that incident, Touka gave him the cold shoulder. Of course, as her work, she helps him in whatever she used to do for him but the only thing different now is that she doesn't talk to him anymore.

Seeing that, Kaneki's heart hurts. Is it because of what I said the other day and I hurt her? The truth is he really wants to touch her but if he does that, he won't be able to control himself. That's the reason why he said all those stuff, so he could maintain his self-control.

He wants to apologize to her for saying those things now but she is never looking his way and always avoiding him. It's hard to find the right timing. Some times he finds himself reaching out for her hand and wanting to take it, but he withdraws instead, afraid of what she would reply him.

Let's break up. Let's just not talk anymore. I won't ask anything about that again.

He could only think of horrible things that she could say and he hesitated.

Meanwhile at Touka...

She glanced over at him who had his head tilted down, eyes downcast. He looks sad... I want to hold his face and kiss him but I...the other day, he made it sound like he doesn't want to touch me... I don't want him to dislike me... That's why I will continue to not talk to him or touch him.

A ringtone sounded the air and the two glanced over to the phone on the table. Kaneki picked it up and began to converse over the phone. Touka shifted closer so she could hear who was on the other side of the phone.

"Ah Ken? I won't be home for the whole of this week as I've got to travel overseas for business. Make sure you rest well and eat enough! Ah yes could you pass the phone to Touka? I need to speak to her."

He did as he was told.

The violet haired female held the phone to her ear. "Yes?"

"Hello Touka! Would you be willing to stay at our house for this week? Because I won't be home this week due to a business trip and Ken needs someone there with him. I'll pay you extra but if you don't want to, it's okay."

She doesn't want to stay over at first because it'll just be awkward but for her brother, she needs that extra money. "Yes I will."

The phone call ended and she passed his phone back to him. "What did my mother say?"

She repeated what his mother said and Kaneki is trying his best not to display his feelings of excitement on his face now that he's aware that Touka is staying over. He cleared his throat. "Did she say which room you'll be staying?"

She shook her head.

The male pondered. "Alright, I'll get the other maids to prepare a room for you. It should be ready by this evening. Do you want to go home for now and pack your clothes? You can also tell Ayato-kun about this."

"Will you be okay by yourself? From here to my home and back will take me around an hour." Immediately after she asked, she cursed. She accidentally expressed concern for him!

His grey eyes softened and he smiled, happy that she still cares about him. "Yeah. I'll be okay."

He passed her some money so she could take a cab home and then she's off. Kaneki decided that he will use this one week chance to tell her his true feelings.