33

Looking down at his watch, the black haired male stood at the side of the road and waited for his girlfriend to arrive. At the corner of his eye, he saw her running towards him and he turned to smile at her. "Hey."

Touka stopped in front of him and smiled back. "Hey."

Kaneki stared at her white dress and brown sandals and leaned forward to her ear, whispering, "You look really pretty today."

Her cheeks reddened. He grinned and took her hand into his. "Let's go on our date."

"Where are we going?" She asked as they started walking.

Turning his head back, he winked. "It's a secret until we get there."

The couple walked for 20 minutes and they finally reached the place. It was an amusement park. Touka's eyes sparkled and he smiled. He knew she would be happy to be here. They then went on almost all of the rides and played the whole day until it was evening. As soon as the sun went down, the lights of the Ferris Wheel snapped on in various bright colors and fun music started playing. He wanted to bring her on that before the park closes.

Queuing up to get on the ride, they found that many other couples are in the queue too because the Ferris Wheel is rumored to make couples' love last forever but he doubted Touka knew that. After all, she rarely had chances to go to an amusement park like this, based on her financial background.

Once it was their turn, the attendant guided the two to the car and the both of them got on. The attendant told them to have fun with a smile and closed the door. The couple sat opposite each other and they started chatting.

"Thank you for bringing me here today. I really enjoyed it." Touka said.

"I had fun too. It's been a while since we had a proper date like this. Previously we had to be very cautious and watch out whenever we went out but now we can relax and just have fun." Kaneki said.

"I can't believe it's been already 8 months since we first met. Time sure flies pass fast." She said, reminiscing all of the romantic moments they shared.

"Yeah I still remember the first time I saw you in your maid uniform. To be honest, even when I was with Elizabeth back then, my heart skipped a beat. I don't know. You looked really pretty and I had to force my eyes off of you."

She giggled. "I like the dress though. It was really comfy and cooling."

He took her hand into his and intertwined their fingers together. "Do you remember the first time we made love?"

Touka blushed. "I'll never forget that night. You were very gentle and caring of me and I loved that."

"Me too. Even though you were insecure of your body, I thought that you were beautiful. I wish we had spent the next morning longer together if it weren't for my mother coming home so early." Kaneki reached for something in his pocket and brought a square box out.

The violet haired female watched as he opened the box. She gasped as she saw the diamond ring in it and she looked at him.

"Will you marry me and spend every morning with me from now on?"

Upon hearing that, she felt her tears drip down her cheeks and she smiled. "Yes."

Grinning, he took the ring out of the box and slid it onto her ring finger. Touka stood up and went over to his side to hug him tightly. They shared a kiss and pulled back to look outside the car. It stopped and they were at the highest point of the Ferris Wheel. The people below looked like small ants to them and in the distance, was a beautiful scenery of Tokyo.

---

The couple headed back home to make love and the next morning...

The sunlight crept through the curtains and furrowing her eyebrows, Touka opened her eyes to the pleasant feeling of fingers brushing against her cheekbones. "Good morning. What time is it?"

Kaneki smiled. "Morning. It's 9am."

"9? I have to get up and prepare-" She pulled the blankets away and got out of bed but he pulled her back to bed. 

"You don't need to prepare anything. From today, you are not my maid anymore. You are my wife. Those chores are left to servants to do." He said as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed the back of her neck.

Her cheeks warmed. She wasn't used to being called someone's wife. It feels unreal. Turning over to face him, she asked, "Are your parents home? We need to ask them if they approve of us marrying."

"I don't think they'll disapprove though. My father seems to like you and mother has already said she wouldn't stop us from dating." He buried his face into her breasts and left more red marks onto her skin.

She pushed his head away and pouted. "I'm serious!"

Pressing a kiss to her forehead, he scratched the back of his head and got off the bed. "Alright."

The two washed up and changed into a new pair of clothes and went out to the living room to meet the parents.

"Mother, Father, do you have some time? We need to talk." 

Looking at their son's serious expression they nodded and the four of them sat down onto the sofa with Kaneki and Touka on one sofa, and the parents on the sofa opposite them. 

"So what did you want to talk about, Ken?" Yuichirou asked.

"I proposed to Touka last night and she agreed. We would like to ask for your permission in our marriage." Kaneki said.

"I support it." His mother immediately answered.

Kaneki smiled. "Thanks mom. How about you, dad?"

"I need to ask Touka something. Which part of Ken do you love?" Yuichirou said.

This was an important question which would determine whether they could get married or not and she thought hard about it. "I first saw him as a strict person. When I was hired to work here, he had just come back from work and didn't seem very happy about it. But when I started my work, he gradually warmed up to me and my opinion of him being a strict person changed. 

After seeing what happened to him about Elizabeth, I saw another part of him which was sadness. After we started dating, I saw another part of him which was happiness. He was always all smiles when he was with me and would sometimes behave like a child, saying he doesn't like celery and bitter gourd. Being able to see the many parts of him made me fall in love with him and I wish to see more. I don't know how to say it but that's why I want to be with him."

After hearing what she had just said, Kaneki felt his heart warm and he was very touched. Yuichirou nodded his head. "Alright. You guys are allowed to marry."

"Thank you!" The couple said and grinned as they looked at each other.