Chapter 27

"Good morning Princess Elizabeth" Karl Heinz greeted Ruka as she walked towards the living room. "Princess.... Elizabeth....?" Ruka asked a bit confuse. "That was the name your father gave you princess. It was the same name you gave your stuffed bunny right? It might be just coincidence but who knows," Karl Heinz explained with glint of happiness in his eyes. 'Elizabeth.....' Ruka thought as she collects memories of Elizabeth burning in the fire. Kanato immediatly detects Ruka's thoughts so he tried to change the topic. "Ruka why don't you sit next to me?" Ruka slowly sat beside Kanato. "How was Yui....?" Ruka asked remembering what happened like it was yesterday. "Yui? She's fine. She's actually 22 already. It's been 5 years since then." Karl Heinz replied. "Then... I should be 19 by now..." Ruka said which caused laughter in the room. "W-why...?" She asked thinking the laughter was uneccessary. "Vampires don't grow old koneko-chan~" Laito cooed.

It took time before Ruka could accept that she is now one of the vampires. She wanted to be more than a mere lab test but this.... this is too much. Subaru then patted Ruka's head and said, "I know being a vampire sucks but one day you'll appreaciate it." Ruka smiled which caused a big blush on Subaru. Ruka then gave Subaru a hug and whispered, "Thanks... for always being there for me..." "I-I ummm yah sure," Subaru stuttered.

Just outside the room a certain blonde was watching them. His beautiful blue eyes were now filled with guilt. 'I should've stayed with her' 'I should've let her feel safe' 'I should've been the one being hugged by Ruka right now."