One

Noelle

"Hey, you up?" I asked as my boyfriend picked up the phone.
"Got up about five minutes ago. You on your way over?" You could hear him shuffling around in bed and I smiled a little.
"Yea I'm gonna take Luna for her morning walk and then I'll head over." I told him as I hooked Luna's leash.
"Okay, sounds good. I love you."
"Yea love you too."

I locked my front door behind me and let Luna lead the way. Luna's morning walks were my favorite. We walked past his house every morning and he was always out on his porch, drinking a cup of coffee. He would even place a treat down for Luna every once in a while. Even given all the chances I had to talk to him, the only things I've ever said were a simple 'thank you' and gave a smile. I grew nervous and anxious around him and I didn't know why.

Ashton

I grabbed my cup from the counter, making sure to grab a dog treat on my way out the door. I got used to seeing Noelle walk past my house every morning that it started to become my own morning routine. I would get up around nine, make my coffee and go sit on the front porch. I even started buying treats for her dog as a possible way to talk to her: which I never did. I always grew anxious.

   I sat down the dog treat in front of my stairs as they approached my house and watched as she sent a smile my way. My heart had felt like it would stop at any second.
"Good morning." I managed to choke up. She smiled bigger and pushed her hair out of her face. 
"Good morning." She beamed. I pointed down at her dog as she sniffed me.
"Is it okay if I pet her?" I asked.
"Oh yea, of course. Go ahead." I knelt down and laughed as her dog licked my face.
"Luna, no." She scolded, her face becoming red.
"I'm so sorry Luna doesn't understand personal space." She explained as I stood back up.
"It's okay, she's just a puppy." I assured. We stared at each other momentarily before she gasped loudly.
"Oh, I need to get going. Thank you again for giving Luna a treat."
"It's no problem. I'm Ashton by the way." I smiled and she bit her lip slightly.
"Noelle. I'll see you around." She said, smirking, as she began to walk off.

  That was it. Our first actual conversation.