Eight

Noelle

"Luke hold her" I squealed as Luna splashed around in the kiddie pool as we attempted to bathe her.
"I am!" He laughed as water splashed all over him while I sprayed her with the hose, trying to get the soap off of her.
"Okay, okay, I think she's good." I giggled as he let her go, catching himself with his hands before he face planted into the pool of soapy water. I smiled at him and sprayed him in the face. He scoffed and pushed himself up, chasing after me as I took off, the hose still in hand.

"Oh you're so dead when I get my hands on you." He screamed as I sprayed him again, trying to slow him down. I felt his fingers graze my hip as his feet slipped against the wet grass and I laughed, darting the other way.
"Gotchu" He smirked against my skin as he wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around. I giggled and turned, facing him.

"What's my reward?" He asked with the cheesiest smile on his face.
"A nice shower with me and I'm thinking about getting some lunch." He raised his eyebrow at me.
"I accept."

"I'm thinking we should go out to dinner tonight?" Luke said to me as I pulled my hoodie over my head.
"Like fancy dinner? We haven't went out to one of them in a while." I stated as I tied my hair off and grabbed my phone.
"Yea, I know. I don't take you out enough and I don't want you to feel like I don't appreciate you. I just want to show you I love you." He mumbled on causing me to laugh a little.
"We're going out on a lunch date right now. I know you appreciate me, but if you want to go to dinner tonight I guess we can. It doesn't sound like a bad idea." I smiled, kissing him.

"How's work been?" I asked Luke while I took a bite of my salad.
"It's been pretty good, we're picking up more business, I think it's because the semester is about to end so all the new kids are coming into town and want to see around the place before they started classes." he explained as he sipped his soda. I watched as his eyes slowly shifted to follow the waitress as she passed. I pursed my lips and quietly looked down at my plate.

"So much appreciation" I mumbled under my breath as I continued to eat.
"Did you say something?" He asked, his attention came back to me. I looked up at him and shook my head no.

"Are you ready yet?" I asked Luke as I sat on the counter, dressed and ready for dinner tonight.
"Bad news, I have to go up and close the store. Hugo just called and his grandmother was rushed to the hospital so he has to go up there." I shook my head, knowing I was getting my hopes up, thinking Luke would actually take me on a nice date.
"We can go do something when I get home?" Luke suggested as he pulled on his coat.
"I have class in the morning, it's fine we'll plan something for another day. Have a good night at work, love you." I muttered, kissing his cheek quickly before going up to the room.

'I left money on the counter if you want to go get something to eat, sorry again'
I locked my phone, not replying to him and climbed off the bed. 
"Luna, walk?" I called through the house as I walked down the stairs. Her feet could be heard padding across the floor from the next room and I smiled.
"At least you would never ditch me." I cooed as I hooked her leash and scratched behind her ear.

"Never seen you out this late." I heard a voice causing me to jump hard.
"Jesus Ashton, you scared the shit out of me." I smiled as he stood up from his steps and walked over to me.
"Making ten o'clock walks a thing?" He questioned with a smile as he kneeled down, petting Luna.
"No, I just needed out of the house. Luna needed the walk anyways, we missed her morning one so we could give her a bath." I explained as he gestured to his stairs, offering me a seat.
"Wanna sit and talk for a minute about what's got you upset?" He nudged my shoulder a little causing a small smirk to form on my lips. 
"How about you walk with me and we'll talk about it." I suggested, raising my eyebrow.
"Let me lock up my house."

Ashton

 "So what's been on your mind?" I asked, shoving my hands in my pockets and matching her pace.
"Boyfriend issues." She rolled her eyes causing me to whistle loudly.
"Ooh, those are the worst." I joked, causing her to laugh.
"So you can relate." She giggled "no it's just, I don't think he appreciates me like he did in the beginning years of our relationship. Like he doesn't try as hard because he already has me, ya know?" She asked, looking up at me as she finished her sentence.

"I'm not taking sides here. I'm stating that in the beginning so I'm not held accountable. But if he does feel that way, which I'm not saying he does because I'm not him, but he still should try his hardest everyday to make you remember why you fell in love with him. Also I'm pretty sure if he's been with you for almost six years now and you two live together, he still loves and appreciates you just like he did in the beginning of the relationship. He probably loves you more." I explained to her.

"You think so?" She questioned curiously.
"Most definitely." I assured.
"Thanks Ash."

"So what about your love life? You always seem so stress free." She asked me.
"It's because I am stress free. I stay out of relationships for that reason. I'll know when I meet the person I want to spend my life with and that is when I'll put myself into a relationship. Until then I go on casual dates here and there but no serious type stuff." I explained to her like I do every time this question gets asked.
"You're a smart man I see." She said, waving her finger at me as she nodded approvingly. 

"You really like being outside, I see you out all the time." 
"I enjoy the neighborhood. I like watching the people go about their days, the simplicity of their lives."
"You should be a philosopher." She said jokingly in awe. I side-eyed her as I smiled big.
"Shut up."