Sixteen

Ashton

       "So he's staying there tonight?" I asked Noelle.
"I felt bad, I dunno. I feel like he's up to something. He's actually listening to the rules I laid down which he never does. He told me he wanted to get back together, as if that would ever happen." she said quietly.
"You want me to come there? I can probably make it by morning?" I asked her, causing a big smile to spread across her face.
"No that's okay. He's leaving when he gets up tomorrow."  God did I miss this woman. I should've just brought her with me. She could've met my family, I could've met hers and I would've been there if Luke ended up showing up.

"So whos this girl?" She asked with a giggle.
"Hm?" I asked her curiously, snapping out of my gaze.
"The girl? I can tell you're thinking about someone. It's written all over your face. Who is she?" She looked at me wide eyed and I smiled, clearing my throat.
"A friend of mine. She's pretty cool."
"Do you love her?" She asked in a sing song voice.
"Yea, I do."

Noelle.

       "Can I come in?" Luke called, knocking on the door. I called back, telling him to hold on, looking at Ashton.
"I gotta go, I'll call you in the morning." He gave a soft smile and nodded before waving bye and ending the call.
"You can come in now." I yelled, climbing under my blankets. He opened the door slowly and smiled, shutting it behind him.
"I made your bed." I informed, pointing to the pallet of blankets and pillows on the floor. He scoffed loudly, causing me to look at him as he climbed down on the floor.
"Luna sleeps better than this." He mumbled under his breath.

"Only good dogs get to sleep on the bed. Dogs that misbehave get to sleep on the floor." I clapped back before turning my attention to my phone.
"Were you on the phone with Ashton before I came in." I placed my phone on my chest and rolled my eyes.
"Luke, why are you so obsessed with the thought of me talking to Ashton?" I asked, sitting up in bed as he stood up.
"Because I don't like it." His voice grew louder and angrier and I rolled my eyes again.
"And I didn't like you sleeping with Avery but here we are."
"It's because I still love you." He yelled loudly, grabbing my face and kissing me roughly. I tried pushing him away but slowly melted into the kiss, missing the feeling.

I placed my hands on his cheek and pulled him closer to me, our lips fitting each other perfect, just how I remembered it being. I slowly pulled away and took in his scent.
"Why do you always find a way to make me forget all the bad things you've done to me." I mumbled, placing my forehead against his.
"I'm so sorry Noelle, please just give me one more chance." He pleaded, looking me in the eyes. I bit my lip and tears began to weld up.
"I don't know about that this time Luke. It's different than the other times, It's worse. It's not just like you screamed awful things at me or you shoved me during a fight. You cheated on me with another girl, you slept with someone else for so many nights. Maybe I could've forgave you if it was just that one night, but it was for a year Luke." I swallowed hard and let go of him, wiping my face.

"I wish you would make this easier on me but you're not helping." I mumbled, looking up at him.
"Then let me try to fix it." He kissed the top of my forehead and scooted me over, laying in bed next to me. I didn't have the energy to protest or fight so I just let him as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest.
"I love you so much." He muttered.