Ten

Noelle

"Lukey!" I called as I packed up my bag.
"Yes?" He asked, poking his head out of the doorway.
"I gotta go to the library to finish my paper. Can you take Luna for her walk at six then make dinner? Pretty please." I beamed, batting my eyelashes at him.
"Of course, that's what I'm here for." He smiled back and pulled me into a tight hug.
"Go get your work done, I love you." He kissed my forehead and released me from his grip.

I made my way to the library, planning on working all night on my stupid paper. I was way behind on it and it was due tomorrow.
"Hello Noelle." Ms. Diane beamed as I walked in.
"Hello." I smiled as I continued to the chairs set up near the window. I pulled out the sticky note I had stuffed in my bag and proceeded to get the books I needed. I plopped the books onto the table next to me and sat down, reaching into my bag for my laptop.
"Shit." I mumbled, noticing I must have left it at home.

I pulled my phone out and called Luke, not getting an answer. 
"Come on Luke." I muttered, grabbing my things and taking the books with me. "Hi Ms. Diane, I'm just gonna check these out and take them home." I smiled as I placed the books up on the counter.
"Not staying tonight? I always do look forward to your company." She smiled as she scanned out the books.
"I left my laptop at home so I'm just gonna finish it there." She gave me a small nod and handed me my return date.
"See ya later, Noelle."

"Hey Luke, I tried calling you but you weren't answering." I said loudly as I turned, shutting the door and tossing my keys down. I looked up and stopped, my mouth going dry. "Avery?" I questioned, my heart dropping to my stomach. I stood there in awe as Luke jumped up from the couch quickly.
"Hey Noey, um Avery just got here and was waiting on you to get home." He tried explaining.

"You're pants are unbutton and she's wearing your shirt." I felt like I was going to throw up. I walked to the table, placing my books down. 
"Get out of my house." I said, looking at Avery.
"I need my clothes." She said, standing up and pulling Luke's shirt down to cover her more.
"Get out of my house, now!" I exclaimed louder, pointing to the door. I gathered her clothes from the floor and walked to the door, throwing them on the lawn. "If you aren't gone in one minute, I'm calling the cops." I told her as she walked out the door and I slammed it behind her, turning my attention to Luke.

"You have got to be kidding me." I said with a laugh. "Avery? Seriously?"  I couldn't even say my feelings were hurt, I was just numb and in shock. I couldn't even conduct what I should be feeling. Anger? Sadness? Hurt? My body was just numb and I felt like I had all the air knocked from my chest.
"Baby, it wasn't like that." He placed his hand on my arm and I shoved him away from me.
"Do not baby me! Do not even touch me! You disgust me Lucas." I yelled. I wanted to punch him in his face.

"How long has this been going on?" I asked calmly, composing myself. He looked down and scratched the back of his neck. "How long has this been going on?" I asked louder.
"It started about a year ago." He mumbled under his breath.
"Excuse me?"
"A year ago Noelle, okay? I've been having sex with her for a year." He yelled at me, sitting back on the couch, putting his head in his hands and scratching his face. "It was only supposed to happen once. It was an accident but I don't know we just kept going back for more." He kept trying to explain but he was just digging a bigger hole for himself.

"When was the first time?"
"Your birthday party." He admitted. "Noelle, I'm really sorry. We can fix this though I promise." He pleaded with me.
"I want you out of my house. I want you out by tomorrow. I'm going to stay with my brother until you're out. Do not call or text me. Whatever isn't out by the time I get home from class tomorrow will be out on the curb." I told him, grabbing everything I needed for the night and for class and I walked out to my car, getting in and not looking back.