Fifteen

Noelle

     "So where are you going?" I asked Ashton curiously as he brought all his stuff down to the door so he could leave.
"To my mothers for a week and a half. I go every Christmas and I take two weeks out of June to go see them." He explained, smiling at me as I sat patiently on top of his counter.
"Can I go?" I asked, swinging my feet.
"Nope. You have to go see your family for Christmas. Also, I'm not bringing you home because my mom will think I finally have a girlfriend. You aren't my girlfriend." He stated, beginning to walk stuff out to his car. I hopped down and picked up a smaller bag, following behind him. He took the bag from my hand and placed it in the back seat, motioning for me to go sit down on the porch. I did as told and waited on his to finish loading his car up.

"I'll be back before you know it. I'll even facetime you every day. Okay?" I nodded with a pout and he smiled, kissing the top of my forehead.
"I love you, have fun at your parents." I smiled and waved as he climbed in his car and pulled off. I walked back down to my house and went inside, getting my stuff together to go to my moms in a couple days. Christmas was always my favorite time of year. I always took Luna, packed up a bunch of things and took the two and a half hour drive to go stay there. Luke has gone with me for the past few years so it's gonna be a lonelier ride this time.

"Let's go Luna." I beamed as she jumped in the front seat of the car. I went back and made sure I locked all my doors and proceeded to the car. "Should we pick up Eli this year?" I asked, looking over at Luna. "I think we should too." I nodded and picked up my phone, calling Eli.
"Wanna ride with me to moms this year?" I asked as he answered.
"You buying snacks?" he questioned.
"I can."
"Yea, come get me."

"Does mom know you and Luke broke up?" Eli asked me as we walked out of the gas station with our hands full of junk.
"I haven't told her about it. I think I'm gonna tell her about it tonight. Its just, she adores Luke so much so I don't want her to have this bad image of him. I might just tell her we decided to take a break." I explained to him.
"Why do you always try to see the good in everyone?" 
"Luke is a great person. Me and him just weren't right for each other anymore."

"Ma?" Eli and I yelled simultaneously as we entered the house.
"In the kitchen." My step dad called back. 
"Oh I've missed you two so much." My mom cooed as she engulfed us in tight hugs. "Where's Luke?" She asked, looking behind us as if she was waiting for him to appear.
"He wont be joining us this year. We're taking a break right now." I said quietly, not wanting to look at her.
"Did something happen? We can talk about it honey." She placed her hand on my forearm and gave it a small squeeze.
"No, it's okay." I gave a small, reassuring smile.

"Did you make it home okay?" Ashton asked as I laid in bed, facetiming him.
"Yea, what about you?" I smiled.
"The drive was long but yea, I made it just fine."
"I miss you." I blushed, making him smile big.

"Code red!" Eli yelled breathlessly, running into my room.
"Jenna is here?" I asked, jumping up. Me and Eli had 'special codes' for different things. Code red meant his psycho ex girlfriend was here.
"Not a code red for me, one for you. Luke just pulled up." My eyes grew big and I looked back at my phone, muttering an 'I gotta go' to Ashton before me and Eli ran to my window.
"What the hell is he doing here?" I groaned as he got out of his car with a dish in his hand.
"He really doesn't leave you alone, does he?" Eli asked as Luke started making his way to the house. We both jumped up, rushing downstairs. We ran past our parents and I swung the door open before he could knock. I shut it behind me, coming face to face with him.

"Why are you here?" I questioned, trying to catch my breath.
"I brought a cake." He smiled, avoiding my question.
"Who gives a shit? Why are you here Luke." I tried keeping my voice low but wanted it to be assertive.
"Your mom called me and asked me to stop by so we could try to fix our relationship. I'm assuming you didn't tell her the real reason we broke up." He bit his lip and stared down at me.

"You didn't have to come over just because she invited you. Stop coming back into my life. I'm trying to get rid of you. I blocked your number so you would stop drunk calling me, I don't go out certain places anymore so I wouldn't run into you. And now I cant even go to my parents house without you showing up? Jesus fucking Christ Luke, why cant you just let me be? This is all your fault. You cheated on me, you ruined our relationship, you were the one who told me you didn't love me anymore and that I became annoying to you. None of this was me." I ranted.
"I just want you to leave me alone."
"Lets go out to grab something to eat and we'll talk somewhere else. I know you don't want your family to know our business." He suggested causing me to scoff.
"You're not being serious are you?" I laughed.
"I can just go in and we can talk inside." I rolled my eyes.
"I cant just leave. We're gonna go up to my room, do not speak to my mother and Greg except to say hello. Don't even bother saying anything to Eli because he hates you." I took the cake from him and opened up the door.

I handed Eli the cake as Luke said hi to my parents and I pulled his arm as I walked up the stairs. I shut and locked the door behind us and walked to my bed, picking my phone up. I sat down and pulled my feet up, replying to Ashton's text message before looking at Luke.
"What do I have to do to get you to leave me alone?" I asked, brushing my hair out of my face.
"I want another chance." He said, kicking his shoes off, pulling his feet onto the bed as well. I laughed loudly and tilted my head.
"You really have some sense of humor there don't you? Why in gods name would I ever take you back?" I asked him bluntly.
"We've been through six years together. You don't wanna throw that away, do you?" He asked, reaching out to grab my hand.

"You threw out that six years when you decided to climb in bed with Avery. The only reason you're trying to get back with me is because Avery left your stupid ass after she found something new." I scolded, shaking my head.
"At least let me try to fix it." He pleaded.
"Do you not realize how fucking stupid I will look if I take you back? That would make me a bigger idiot than you."
"Why do you keep calling me names Noelle? I haven't said anything hurtful to you." I gritted my teeth and took a deep breath.
"So you saying 'I didn't know if I loved you anymore, you got annoying and were old news' doesn't ring a fucking bell Lucas? Because that hurt me way more than you calling me a fucking name." I pushed back the tears threatening to leave my eyes. I didn't want to seem so vulnerable. I wanted to stand my ground.

"You said awful things to me, you have done unspeakable things to me and I still dropped everything the moment you called just so I knew you were okay. I could've kicked you out and blocked you on everything. I could have told everyone what you did. I could have put every piece of your information out there and trashed your name but I didn't because that's not who I am." I stated loudly.
"Well it's not like I did any of that to you." He sassed back.
"That's your argument in this?" I shook my head in disbelief. "You're an even bigger idiot than I ever thought." It grew quiet and I scoffed when I thought of something.
"Your house is two hours from here. When did my mom message you?" I asked curiously.
"I'm assuming right after you got here." He said, not looking at me.
"So you really drove two hours to try to convince me to get back with you?" I grew more upset by the minute.

"I was hoping you would honestly."
"I want you to leave. Right now." He looked at me in shock. 
"Noelle, it's late out. I'm too tired to drive all the way home tonight." He argued causing me to shrug and stand up.
"You should've thought about that before you came. There are plenty of hotels around here. It's not my problem." 
"Can I just please stay here for tonight? I'll leave first thing in the morning." He begged, taking my hand in his. I was silent, hoping it would make him leave.
"Noelle, come on. Just for tonight."
"You're sleeping on the floor." I said, giving in. "Also, do not come near me until you're ready for bed. Go downstairs or something because I do not want to be around you. And if my parents talk to you, do not mention a word about what's going on between us. If she asks, we have come to a mutual agreement to take a break, you're just staying for the night and we are not back together." I laid down the rules and he nodded.
"Okay." was all he said before leaving the room.