Two

Noelle

"Luke I'm here." I called through the house, not receiving a response. I made my way through the apartment, hearing the shower running in the next room. I smiled and made my way into his bedroom. I slid my shorts off and yawned as I crawled into bed. When I say I'm in love with Ashton, that doesn't mean I don't love Luke anymore. I still have love for him, I always will. But I'm not madly in love with him like I once was. Luke was my first everything. He was my first boyfriend; we had started dating when I was in ninth grade, he was in 10th, never broken up once. When I was in eleventh grade, he took my virginity. He's the only one I've ever been with and I felt like such a crappy person for falling for someone else.

I felt the bed shift behind me and small water droplets hit my skin. Luke pressed a small kiss to my shoulder and I smiled, turning to him.
"Hey." He smiled.
"Hi." I beamed back. He laid down in bed next to me and I ran my fingers through his wet hair. His hand ran up and down my back gently and he kissed my forehead.
"What time do you have class today." He asked.
"Seven, I have an exam in Professor Riley's class tonight." I placed my head on his chest and rubbed my eyes.

My classes were spaced out enough so I could still have my social life. Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's I took morning classes and on Tuesday's and Thursday's I took night classes.

"So I was thinking about some thing." Luke said after a few moments of silence.
"Yes?" I asked him, my heart slightly picking up speed.
"So we've been together for about five, almost six years. Maybe it's time to move in together?" He suggested, dragging out the end of his sentence. I let out a small quiet sigh of relief.
"Are you sure Luke?" I asked as he smiled at me.

"Yea I mean while you go to school, I can watch Luna and take care of the cleaning and house work. Then while I'm at work, you can do it. Plus you won't have to worry about asking to stay the night or vice versa. It's like the next step in our relationship." I swallowed hard. You would think we would've already moved in together after almost six years but after high school, I went to college and lived on campus my first year while Luke stayed living at home. Then after my first year I got my own house and by then Luke had already gotten his own apartment. We had just never considered moving in together.

"I'll think about it okay?" His smile faded some and I felt my heart breaking.
"I just wanna make sure my house is ready for two people. Can't have you living in a dump." I smiled, causing his smile to reappear on his face.
"We'll have to get a bigger bed though and some new stuff."
I just didn't want to see him sad.