Eleven

Ashton

  I looked down at Noelle's house and pursed my lips. It had been a few days since I saw her. I didn't see her on campus, going in or out of the house, I haven't even seen her take Luna for any walks. I sat and debated with myself for a few more minutes before pushing myself up and walking down to her house. I knocked loudly on the door and shoved my hands in my pockets, waiting for an answer.

"Luke, I told you to leave me alone." She said, swinging the door open. She tilted her head at me and sighed.
"Oh hi Ashton, I'm sorry I thought you were Luke. Come in." She pushed against the door, making  a pathway for me to enter.
"Is that why you haven't been out lately? You and Luke been fighting?" I asked as she followed behind me.

"More like broke up." She mumbled, sitting next to me on the couch, pulling her feet up and grabbing her glass of wine from the table.
"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring it up." I said, clearing my throat.
"No, no it's cool. Don't worry about it. It's not like we were together for six years. It's not like he was sleeping with my best friend for over a year, or like they started doing it at my birthday party." She rambled on as she brought her glass to her lips, taking a sip.

"I am so sorry, I'm being rude. Do you want a glass? I think I have beer left in there. You can drink them all, I don't drink them." I chuckled a little.
"How many bottles of that wine have you had to drink?" I asked, looking at the many corks sitting on the table.
"This is only my second bottle today." She giggled, topping off her glass with the last of it.
"Ope, looks like we're empty here. Time for number three."  She stood up quickly, shifting from one foot to the other, trying to catch her balance. 

I jumped up quickly and grabbed her waist, steadying her.
"Maybe we shouldn't go on number three." I said with a half smile, sitting her back down on the couch.
"But I was gonna grab you a beer." She looked at me with big eyes and I smiled to myself.
"I can grab it, you stay put and find something for us to watch." She nodded and I brushed her hair back, making my way into the kitchen. I saw Luna sitting at the back door, waiting to come in so I walked over and opened it. She ran right past me and into the living room. I grabbed a beer and made my way back in there myself.

Noelle

"You would never leave me, would you Luna?" I cooed as I scratched behind her ear. 
"You talk to her a lot?" Ashton laughed, walking back into the room.
"She's my best friend." I smiled back. I watched as my phone rang and Luke's contact photo pop up. I reached over and picked it up.

"What?" I asked, annoyance in my voice.
"Can we talk?" He asked desperately.
"I'm sorry I am actually on my way over to your brothers house so we can fuck. I was gonna go after your best friend but I wanted to hit it closer to home and keep it in the family. Stop calling me." I stated before hanging up.

"How are you getting school work done?" Ashton asked as I scrolled through Netflix.
"I'm getting emails on every assignment and lecture video recorded. I messaged all my professors and told them I was taking a week or two off for emotional distress and they understood. You don't even wanna know how fucked my daily schedule is." I giggled.
"You watch The Office?" I asked, looking at him. He nodded and I clicked play.

"Thank you for coming over and checking on me." I smiled as Ashton got up to leave.
"It's no problem. I'm only a couple houses away if you ever need anything, no matter what time of day. Or just give me a call or text and I'll be right over." He smiled, pulling me in for a hug.
"You know, you can stay tonight, if you would like too." I offered, still buried in his chest.
"I don't think that's a good idea Noelle, you're drunk and you want to get revenge on Luke. Maybe a different time when you're sober and you weren't make moves on me all night." He chuckled a little, letting me go.
"Goodnight Noelle. Call me if you need anything."
"Goodnight Ashton."