Thirteen

Noelle

    "You here with anyone pretty lady?" I rolled my eyes as the man placed his arm against the bar, leaning over to look at me. I rolled my eyes and swiveled in my chair to look at him. I placed my head in my hand and smiled.
"Nope and I don't plan on leaving with anyone either, so please leave." He cleared his throat and nodded before straightening out his shirt and walking the other direction. I downed the rest of my drink and sighed.
"It's from the guy down there." Penelope, the bartender, smiled as she placed a pink drink in front of me.

"Can you hand me the dump bucket." I smiled. She nodded with a small laugh and grabbed the bucket behind the counter, holding it up for me. We both looked down and smiled at him as I dumbed it in. 
"When you gonna come back and work for us Noey." She asked, setting up two shots of tequila for us."Bartending wasn't really for me." I said as we clinked glasses and threw them back.
"You were the best damn bartender in here before Luke made you quit. Ya know Ruby would be willing to hire you back in an instant."
"I dunno." I said as she set me up another shot.
"Think about it." She beamed before going to help out someone else.

"Noelle?" I turned in my chair and smiled, releasing the straw from my mouth.
"Hey Ashton." He looked back at his friends and motioned for them to give him a moment.
"I didn't know you came out to bars." He laughed, sitting in the empty bar stool next to me, ordering himself a drink.
"I used to work here. Plus I needed a night out."
"You could've called me and we could've came out together." he blushed, scratching the back of his neck.
"I felt like I've been a bother lately. I call you to do every little thing with me. You have a life and it doesn't revolve around me." I giggled, sipping my drink.
"It wouldn't be a problem if it did." He commented back.

"Come dance." I begged, outstretching my hand. He smiled big and took me up on my offer, following me to the dance floor. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he placed his hands on my hips as we swayed to the beat of the song. I looked down at his lips then back up at him and he smiled before taking my hand and spinning me so my back was against his chest. I tilted my head back onto his shoulder and turned so my face was against his neck.
"Luke never danced with me." I mumbled  in his ear and his grip tightened on me.
"Lets not bring him up anymore." He whispered, leaning down and pressing his lips to my neck.

"Noelle, this is Nick, Josh, Corey and Alex. Guys this is Noelle." Ashton said as I sat down in the booth with everyone. I waved and Ashton handed me my drink.
"Yea, we have financial accounting together."  Corey explained to Ashton, pointing at me.
"Me and Corey were project partners last semester." I mentioned, looking up at Ashton with a big smile.
"I didn't know you were majoring in business." He said curiously, looking down at me.
"I'm gonna open my own bar." I beamed, drunkenly.

"Did you bring your car here?" Ashton asked me as we walked out of the bar together. Ashton had one arm around my waist to catch me if I started stumbling again.
"I took an Uber." I slurred.
"Alright." Ashton grunted out as he pulled my dead body weight up so I didn't end up face first in cement. "Can you walk? You wanna walk home with me?" He asked, leaning me back against a wall while he bent down to help me take off my heels. I looked down at him and nodded harshly, grabbing the back of my neck.

"Whoa calm down there bobble head, you're gonna give yourself whiplash." He laughed, jumping up quickly to check on me. "I need you to hold still and stop hurting yourself so I can get these shoes on you." He got back down and began taking his shoes off and placing them on my feet, tightening the laces so they didn't fall off.
"Come on." He took my hand in his and we began our very long journey home.

"I'm thirsty." I whined as we approached a gas station. "And hungry." Ashton sighed with an exhausted smile.
"If I go get you a Slurpee and a bag of donuts will you be quiet for the rest of the walk?" He asked me as we walked inside.
"Yes, I promise." I exclaimed excitedly. He chuckled and we walked through the store, getting snacks.

Ashton

   "Are we staying at your house or my house?" I asked Noelle as we turned on our street.
"You're gonna stay the night with me?" She asked, shocked.
"Yea, I'm not comfortable leaving you alone while you're this drunk." I explained as we walked up her front porch stairs.
"No, I wanna stay at your house." she exclaimed as I began unlocking the door.
"Why do you wanna stay at my house." I sighed, turning to look at her.
"Cause I've never seen the inside." She said sweetly

I unlocked my door and switched the light on as I let her inside. She walked in slowly and kept her arms to her sides, like if she touched anything it would break.
"You have such a nice house." She mumbled under her breath. I smiled and took her hand, leading her upstairs. I opened up my bedroom door and pointed towards the bed, signaling for her to go sit down.
"I have a shirt and some sweat pants for you to wear so you can get out of that dress." I mumbled, rummaging through my dresser. I turned back to her and dropped the clothes in my hand, noticing her removing her dress.
"Noelle, wait for me to leave the room." I panicked, picking them up and handing them to her. She gave me a weird look as she pulled the shirt over her head.

"You're weird." She stated bluntly as she pulled her hair into a ponytail. 
"Get into bed, I'm gonna go grab a glass of water for you." I muttered, my face burning red. I made my way down to the kitchen and grabbed a glass down, filling it with ice. I grabbed a bottle of water and took a deep breath, trying to readjust myself.
"Here you go love." I beamed, walking in and stopping abruptly.

"Is this me?" My heart was beating out of my chest as I stared at Noelle with my sketchbook. I felt like I couldn't move as she slowly traced her fingers over the drawing.
"Where'd ya get that from Noey?" I asked hesitantly as I walked over to her, sitting the cup and water down.
"It was on your desk." Her eyes never left the pages as she flipped through them. "Is this what you're going to school for? Art? You're really really good." She just kept rambling on and on all while I felt my heartbeat in my ear and my mouth was dry.
"Let's put that up now." I said, taking it from her and putting it away in a drawer.

"Why do you have a bunch of sketches of me?" She asked cheerfully as I sat next to her in bed. No words would leave my mouth.
"I don't know." Was all I could muster up.
"Do you like me?" She questioned with a giggle, straddling my lap.
"What? No, that would be so weird." I scoffed, causing her to smirk.
"Oh, would it?" She questioned teasingly, holding my face in her hands as she brought her lips closer to mine, making me catch my breath.

She paused her actions, inches away from my lips as her phone rung loudly. She sighed and let me go, reaching over to answer it.

Noelle

     "Were you at Wilsons tonight?" Lukes voice rang loudly through the phone as I picked it up. I pulled the phone away from my ear and gave him a minute to finish talking.
"And so what if I was, we are not together anymore. Are you stalking me now?" I questioned him angrily.

"So you didnt go there with Ashton tonight?" He asked, ignoring my questions.
"No I didn't go there with Ashton." I yelled back.
"So I dont have pictures of you dancing all over him and him kissing your neck? I knew you two were fucking around together." He yelled causing me to laugh.
"I did spend tonight dancing with him. I didn't go there with him, he was already there. And secondly, are you really gonna go there. I came home to MY house where you and MY best friend were laid up on MY couch. Then to make things so much better, you tell me you guys had been fucking for a year. Stop calling me or I'm gonna have my brother kick your ass." I yelled before hanging up and looking at Ashton.

"I'm sorry." Ashton said quietly. I looked up at him and stared momentarily. I sighed heavy before reaching over and grabbing him by the face, kissing him deeply. He leaned into it more before I pulled away.
"I've been wanting to do that all night." I mumbled as we both stared at each other.
"I wish you would've done it sooner." He mumbled, leaning in again.