Chapter 12: Festival

It had been a week since her meeting with the Mukami, and she hadn't told her brothers anything about them. If they ever ask what happened, she would just told them that she got lost in the forest and father had found her. They had believe her but they knew something must has happened, they would wait for her to tell them.

Her disappearance had cause them to be more protective of her. Wherever they went, they never let her out of their sight. It was as if her disappearance had them shaken to their core.

If it was anyone, they would probably find this annoying but Akira did not, she find it adorable and happy that they care about her a lots.

Today, there was a night festival in a city nearby and the Sakamaki brothers decided to take Akira there as she had commented when she learned about the festival that she has never gone to one before.

Right now the siblings are walking down the bustling street, well running to be exact. They were supposed to show Akira around and let her play games but when they turn away for a second, Akira had disappear and now they are running frantically trying to find their lost princess.

Akira look around with teary eyes as she softly called for her brothers. She was lost in the crowd and don't know where her brothers was. Letting out a gasp when someone bump into her, she find herself being pushed out of the crowd.

Rubbing her shoulder, she look around only to find that she was in an empty street beside the bustling one. Taking a small forward step, she called for her brothers again, hoping that they would heard her. Then she noticed that her wrist felt light, looking down she let out a gasp when she find that her bracelet was not on her wrist.

Cradling her wrist, she look around trying to find the bracelet as it was an important one that her father had given to her.

"Akira, here" Karl said clipping a simple bracelet around her small wrist. Akira look down at the bracelet, it was made out of string and hanging on the string was multiple blue stone. "What's this?" She asked softly looking up at him.

Karl look down at her and smile, "This bracelet was made specially for you. It will hide your presence from Purus until you can hide it yourself" he explained patting her head, "Don't worry that we will never find your presence because this only hide you from Purus. So keep it on you all the time"

Akira bit her lip and walk pass an alley. Just across the two street from her in the alley that she had just pass, there was a brunette boy walk pass her, who pause and look at the street that she had just been in.

------------------------
His slightly dark brown hair fluttered as wind pick up. His nose twitch slightly when a certain scent enter his smelling sense. His red wine eyes widened and sparkled when he felt the familiar presence that he had been searching for a long times. He turn around and quickly follow the presence, hoping to caught up with the person that occupied his mind all the times.

-------------------------
Akira look around, she had retraced her step but she still couldn't find the bracelet. Glancing around warily, she wondered if there are any vampires of the Purus race anywhere near here.

Looking out at the street that would lead to another part of the festival, she wondered if her brothers were there and if she would find her bracelet there.

---------------------------
She was near, he could felt her presence stronger now. Hope and joy display in his usually emotionless eyes when he imagine of reuniting with her again. His dear sister.

He let out a excited smile as he turn around a corner. He saw a brunette girl stand there glance around and staring at the bustling street. He walk closer and press his hand on her small shoulder. She gasp and turn around.

----------------------------
Akira tense, she could felt a presence of a Purus heading her way. Gulping, she glance around, trying to find a way to escape. Finding no choice but to go into the bustling street again and mingled into the crowd to lose the presence that follow her.

She was about to step forward when a hand grab her shoulder. She let out a gasp and turn around.

----------------------------
Turning around to face him, her eyes widen at the sight of him.

But....

Instead of icy eyes, he was met with bright green eyes. That smile turn into a frown when he realized that she was not the one he was finding. Apologizing to the girl, he told her that he mistook her for someone. Smiling at him in understanding, she walked away and mingled into the crowd. Once the girl was gone, the smile that he had gave to the girl turn into a frown once more. Growling, his eyes narrowed down and glow bright red. He was so close, so close to finding her.

The windows on the building around him shattered as he run his hand through his hair before grabbing the side of his head. Feeling his power leaking, he glance at the bustling street and was glad that it was so loud that human didn't heard the glass shattered and seen it.

Biting his lip in anger and grief, he could felt his fang digging into his soft lip, not caring that his lip was bleeding.

"Kaname-sama"

Closing his eyes, he let out a silent sigh and calm himself down. He shouldn't show his emotion in front of the other nobles whether they served him and his family or not. They are but a greedy creature.

Licking his lip to clean the blood, he could felt his lip heal and no longer felt any pain. Turning around, his eyes fluttered open and he look at the noble that had found him with emotionless eyes. Walking pass him, he show no emotion as he felt the noble follow after him.

Little did he knew, the girl that he had been searching was just a few distance away from him, in the alley beside his. If only he turn around at the corner beside the one he enter, he would have found her.

----------------------------------
Gasping, she turn around and her eyes widen when she saw a pair of lightly tinted blue eyes staring down at her. Stumbling back in surprise, she shut her eyes in reflex but instead of feeling pain, she felt warmness from a pair of arms that circle around her thin waist, preventing her from falling.

"Are you okay?"