Chapter 13**

I put on the uniform I was given for work. That bar gave me the job after a full interview. The uniform wasn't much, just a blue shirt with the logo printed on the chest, a black skirt and tights to cover my legs.

I grabbed my phone, tossed Nibble a cookie, then scurried out the door. There was no way I could be late on my first day. I left an hour before my shift, because I have to walk. As usual.

Less snow was on the ground as the cold weather was starting to let up. Still, I wore my heaviest winter coat and pulled it more snuggly to my body.

I trudged quietly to the bar, a little bit excited. I'd needed a source of income for a while. It was so bad, I was alarmingly close to losing my little house. I couldn't wait to have another reason to not be home too. I was ready to take on working every single day just to avoid Harry and being home alone.

*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°

"See?" Kayla smiles. "Easy as that."

"Oh, thanks for showing me how to clean the taps." I grin lightly.

"No problem. But, since we're done with this. You should go give these drinks to table four. And, make sure that kid over there is of age please." Kayla hands me a tray with four drinks on it and a notepad with the drink description.

I walked over to the table, looking concentratedly at the notepad to read the names of the drinks. I read out each one and set it on the table so the people sitting there could take them on their own. I looked up after setting down the last cup of alcohol to check if I had done so properly. But gasped when I met eye contact with a certain green eyed somebody.

"Pheobe, what are you doing here?" Harry smirks.

"M-my job." I say awkwardly, holding the tray tightly to my body.

"Your job? When did you start working here sweetheart?" He smiles smugly and presses his index finger to the corner of his mouth.

"Actually... today." I nervously laugh.

"Good for you, Pheobe. Why don't you go and get me a burger? Maybe some fries?"

"Uh..." I scramble to write the order down on the notepad, almost dropping my tray.

"Hold the mayo and I want the meat to be well done please. And the house specialty sauce for the fries." Harry continues.

I tightly nod as I scribble down the rest of his request. After, I scurry away from Harry and his friends to calm myself down and also give the order to my coworkers. Kayla raises an eyebrow at me when I rush behind the counter.

"What's going on sis? You just ran over here like a puppy with it's tail tucked between it's legs." She snickered.

"There's a guy at that table over there.... that kind of... makes me nervous." I say, rubbing the back of my neck.

"I see... is it dark and mysterious or blondie mcflirts-a-lot? I'll beat them with the bat if you want. Just gimme the word and they'll have a good pounding!" Kayla enthusiastically pulls a metal bat from under the tap counter and leans it on her shoulder with a face of determination.

"N-no no. I don't need you to do that. And... who the heck are you talking about?" I grip the hem of my skirt nervously.

"Oh, I give stupid nicknames to all the regulars. That group over there is more regular than anyone else."

"Oh great, I'll get to see Harry at work too!" I grimly huff.

"Harry? As in Mr. Hustle?"

"Um...?" I furrow my eyebrows and shift my weight on my feet a little.