chapter 14

I wasn't sure what it was that made me agree. Maybe my exhaustion from work, or how the light was hitting Harry's face just right when he asked. He looked like an angel and I really didn't know how to tell someone who looked generally attractive no. Hormones at this time are usually insane.

"We're just about there." Harry mutters.

I hate him.

I had my eyes closed, letting my head lull to the motion of the car. The sensation of his hand on my knee burned my skin. My entirety was too weak to tell him to let go. Or even say, "hands off".

I hate him so much.

Not even five minutes after, the car stops. Harry runs his hand up my tiny thigh and squeezes lightly. Then slightly shook my leg.

"Wake up, babe." He whispers.

Little did he know, I never went to sleep. I am still conscious, but exhaustively. Yet I opened my eyes and un-buckled myself from my seat. My eyes nearly pop out of my head when I realize that we weren't in front of my house at all. He said he would take me home!

I really didn't want to get out. Days before this car traumatized me. But now it was my only comfort. No way would I set foot into his house. This was signing over my life.

I don't want to know what kind of torture chamber he has in there. Probably bloody stains here and there. Maybe chained up, half dying girls. They were probably victims just like me. Poor girls.

"Are you coming or am I going to have to carry you, Pheobe?" I hear Harry say.

My head turned to his figure in the street. Impatiently waiting for me to get out of his death trap of a beautiful car.

"Oh..." Was all I could get myself to produce.

Harry held out his hand for me. I took it anxiously. Trying hard not to race away as fast as possible. He'd find me... I thought.

He had an apartment. A lovely flat with one story and a porch that shared two doors. A small garden space sat in front of the porch, covered in the snow. Only the tiny little fence line poked out from the fluffy white.

Harry pushed me along the shared walkway, already shoveled clear, then up the two concrete stairs. My heart was racing and I was now wide awake. I'm going to walk straight into my death. It's all my fault. I covered my eyes as Harry started to unlock the door. If I didn't see the crime scene, he wouldn't kill me... right?

"What on earth are you doing, Pheobe?" Harry chuckled.

"I'm not looking!" I squeak.

Harry lightly pushed me inside. I heard the door shut and his keys fall onto a table. He continued to laugh at me. I heard a small click, assuming he turned on the light.

"Pheobe, take off your coat." He says, I shake my head. "Now."

"Fine..."

I squeezed my eyes Shut and unzipped my heavy coat. Trying hard not to look at his house. My actions didn't seem to amuse Harry anymore. He sighed, bored and tugged down my zipper for me.

"Why are you doing that? Stop. Open your eyes." He frustratedly huffed.

"I can't."

"Yes you can." Harry said as he tugged off my coat.

"No..." I whined, gripping my shirt when my arms were freed from the heavier material.

Harry was quickly annoyed by me and planned on expressing that. He tugged me up off the floor and onto his shoulder. I squealed in pain as my ribs pressed against his shoulder bones. The air in my lungs depleted quickly. I let my eyes shoot open and I stared at Harry's back side. His jeans fit his ass way too nicely and it was starting to bother me.