Play it Cool Pt.1

Jungkook's POV
At the amusement park...

"..."

"What's wrong, Jungkook?"

I turned to the worried Taehyung and hugged him tightly.

"I LOVE THIS PLACE! HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS?" I squealed happily as I let go of the hug.

"Told ya, we're gonna go somewhere fun~" said the proud Taehyung. I giggled at his actions and shoved him lightly. I had to admit, the amusement park was one of the most attractive places for me. It's a bonus. There's cool rides and it's stress-free!

I grabbed Taehyung's wrist and pulled him towards the Viking, one of the main reasons I LOVEEE amusement rides.

"You sure you wanna ride that, Kookie?" Taehyung eyed at the moving machine. He flashed a light smirk before turning around to face me.

"Well, heck yeah, I do!" was all I could reply. Once the machine stopped moving, I pulled Taehyung closer at me and yelled a 'let's go!'.

Taehyung's POV

Wow, I never knew Jungkook would be this thrilled to ride on such scary rides. I mean, it ain't scary for me but-- (LIES!) Shut it, author! (*runs away to the toilet and hides) Anyways, he's still young and usually kids like him wouldn't be able to ride such things. And about the mall? Scratch that. I changed my mind. ;) Author-nim! (Yes?) Change the mall thingy to the amusement park! (No can do, mister! My story 😝)

Once I took a seat inside the Viking, I pat next to me so that Jungkook would be by my side and he gladly did. But moments later, his expressions turned sour.

"Hey, Kookie. Anything wrong?" I asked.

"N-nothing," he gulped. I checked his forehead and it was fine.

"You sure?"

"Y-yeah."

...

He isn't scared, is he?

I chuckled and shoved myself closer to the younger. "You're afraid, aren't ya?"

"N-no!" He protested. Ahh, trying to play it cool, huh? I chuckled again as I heard cusses under his breath. I laid my arm over his shoulder and whispered,

"You're gonna be alright."

I slightly brushed my lips against his soft, milky white earlobe and grinned widely. He turned his face towards me and smiled weakly.

"T-taehyung, I--"

His sentence got cut off by the sudden movement of the Viking. He widened his eyes in panic and wrapped his smooth arms around my waist. I held him tight as the machine started to move forward.

As the ride was getting higher and higher, Jungkook gradually held me tighter while having his eyes closed. The more I thought about it, the more I thought Jungkook was just a cute lil bunny boy hanging onto his life.

Once the ride halted, Jungkook made his way and jumped off the machine with me following behind him.

"Was it fun?" I teased.

"I-it was nothing!"

"Aigoo," I said while messing his hair. He looked down in *whispers* embarrassment and I clearly noticed it.

"Wanna go get some cotton candy, Kookie?"

His face lit up. His flushed face ten seconds ago suddenly glistened (it's not impossible to have a shining face right?) right before my eyes. Then seconds later, his smile dropped and his eyes were making contact with mine.

"Is it on the house?"

I plastered my infamous rectangular box smile and nodded. I laid out my hand in front of him, leaving him to blink several times.

"What's this?"

"Oh, Lord! Jungkook, just take my hand!"

But Jungkook didn't budge.

This kid is quite weird himself, I thought. And in a blink of an eye, an idea flicked inside my genius brain! (Why did we write this? Scratch the genius par--) C'mon, author-nim, just this once pwease *mimicks puppy eyes* (fine! *stomps away* never knew that Taehyung was this ergh!)

"Well," I placed my hand in my pocket. "If that's the case, I'll just get going to the cotton candy stall myself."

Then I walked away...

Jungkook's POV

"If that's the case, I'll just get going to the cotton candy stall myself," he said before leaving me alone.

Why couldn't I reach for his hand? Was it because I was too nervous? Or too shy? Or was it because I had already fell for him?

"Taehyung, wait!"

He turned around.

I ran over to him and locked his right arm with mine.

I slithered my hand and intertwined it with his.

"Ready to go, Kookie?"

I nodded and grinned happily.

"Shall we go get our cotton candy?"

Taehyung softly giggled before ruffling my hair.

"LET'S GO!"

And little did Jungkook know, Taehyung knew about the dare that he had been given. ;)

--

768 words for this one! It's kinda short but I'll promise to update more soon! So do comment, vote and dont be bothered by me butting in the story xD

Stay tuned and take care!

-mintae10