Calm~Like animals

From: archiveofourown
Author: sammyswagstar
Words: 5828
Published: 2015-05-15
-------------------------------

Prompt: luke is a hybrid catboy with kitty ears and a fluffy tail, and his boys have to mate with him and take care of him when he goes into heat

---

Sometimes Luke wished he had ears like Calum's. Calum had floppy brown puppy dog ears and they never got dirty. And Calum's tail was long and wagged back and forth and everyone 'aww'ed all the time at him. Luke was /not/ jealous except for the fact that he definitely was. He wanted to be a cute omega like Calum was, but instead he was just weird. Calum always knew how to get what he wanted, his big eyes and perfectly kissable pout made him impossible to deny. When Luke wanted something he'd whine about it until someone was so annoyed they'd just give it to him to shut him up. And his ears and tail weren't cute at all. The cat ears on top of his head were pink- fucking pink!- and got dirty all the time. His tail was so big and fluffy that it was always getting in the way. Luke felt like he was always getting in the way. Most of all, he hated how desperate he was for the attention of the Alphas of the band. Since Michael and Ashton were Alphas, they weren't hybrids and didn't possess any animal features. They were lucky. And absolutely lovely.

It was another night on the tour bus on their way to another city so they could play another show. And it was another night of Michael, Ashton, and Calum taking over the back lounge. From his bunk, Luke could hear them even if he shoved his pillow over his head. Calum's cries and Michael's moaning and Ashton's fucking dirty talk. Every "suck his cock" and "you like my fingers in your ass" and every "baby", "good boy", "princess", and name Luke's ever wanted to be called sounded clear as day to him.

He's the baby of the band. The only one still 18 and the only one who hasn't presented yet. So technically he could call it unfair all he wanted, but it was perfectly fair. He didn't get to join in the fun, or have any fun, until he was a proper omega, ready for mating. Michael and Ashton already promised him they would take care of him like they did Calum, so they could all stay together forever. Luke was getting sick and tired of waiting for that day, though.

The next morning was also pretty typical. Luke was up first so he made his way to the front of the bus to grab some cereal and sit at the table until Ashton came in and began preparing a plate of food for Calum. Luke sat in silence, wishing someone would make him food. Michael and Calum entered next, the latter being carried in the arms of the former. Luke was seeing green as Michael set Calum down at the table then slid onto the bench next to him.

"Morning," Ashton chirped to everyone except Luke. If he were going to say good morning to Luke, he would have when he first came in. He brought over three plates of sandwiches, carrying them waiter style and setting them down in front of everyone who didn't have soggy, nasty corn flakes. Ashton sat next to Luke and scooted to the middle of the bench to force Luke into crowding in the corner against the side of the bus. He flicked his tail onto his lap so that the Alpha wouldn't sit on it.

But he laughed along with the banter of his band. He told dumb jokes and he smiled and he buried down the envy he felt almost every day. His time would come and he knew that the closer he came to maturity the closer he came to having his mates. However, it seemed that as the days of the tour went by and each city became a blurry memory of screams and lights that the longing in Luke only grew.

Today was especially tough, the desire to be coddled like Calum had grown into a burning need and as he got ready for the show, energy and anger coursed through him that he was beyond ready to channel into his performance. He watched with a frown as Michael helped pull Calum's skinny jeans up his legs until the waistband sat just below his tail. Luke wasn't offered any help with getting dressed, which ordinarily wouldn't bother him so much but tonight the small kiss that Michael left on Calum's hip made Luke whine out loud. The Alpha's head snapped to look at him, but he just bowed his head in submission and turned away to adjust his t-shirt. "You alright?" He could tell Michael was close and when he felt hands slide underneath his shirt and up his sides, his entire body tensed up and he tried his hardest to remember that he was pissed off.