Muke~The way you take away my breath

From: archiveofourown
Author: celmmings
Words: 3677
Published: 2016-07-17
-----------------------------------

Michael accidently reveals to the world that he and Luke shower together.

Luke loves Michael. He loves every single thing about Michael, he admires Michael's talents, his flaws, his good days and even the bad ones. He really, really, really loves him. He loves how he's always so hyperactive but at the same time he could sleep like a dead man, he loves how Michael gets so overexcited over every little thing that happens, he loves how sensitive Michael is and most of all, he loves how Michael loves him.

The one thing Luke is proud of the most is being Michael's boyfriend. Sometimes he just can't believe how lucky he got, how he managed to find someone who's just right for him and how amazing it is to fall in love with your best friend and have them fall for you as well.

Luke is grateful and happy. That's why hiding their relationship from, about, ninety percent of the world is so damn hard.

Luke would love nothing more than to brag about what he and Michael share. He's a really private person and he'd usually like to keep his personal life to himself and his close family and friends as much as he can, given the circumstances, but if there's something he would love to not have hidden away is his love for Michael, but that's not up to them.

When Luke and Michael first decided this thing was serious enough and it was time to tell their friends, they had a band-meeting where it was eventually decided that what would be best for the two of them as a couple and for their band's future is to keep their relationship as far away from the public's eye as possible.

So Luke and Michael have been hiding for almost four years now, and it isn't getting any easier with time. On the contrary, it's just getting harder every single day. Sometimes Luke wishes he was just an ordinary person who can hold his boyfriend's hand in the street or kiss him whenever the hell he wants. But he can't.

Michael's the one who's always struggled with that the most, though. He'd always throw little, not-so subtle hints in interviews or during concerts while he's talking to the crowd, he'd always find a way to touch Luke in a way that's just almost more than friendly in front of thousands of people and make Luke all flushed and frustrated. Michael isn't subtle, and Luke isn't surprised. He knows him well, after all.

Michael nearly exposes them about twenty times a day. Like the time he was drunk and revealed to the whole world that he and Luke share a bed when they're touring, or that one time he called Luke 'babe' while they were doing a twitcam and then tried to cover it up with an insult even though it was far too late and their fans were all over it. There was also the time when their friend was filming a video and he came into their hotel room unannounced while Michael was right on top of Luke on their bed, blowing kisses all over Luke's face trying to cheer him up. The video went live and to this day their fans question them about it.

So saying Michael isn't subtle would be the world's biggest understatement. Not that Luke minds too much, he kind of, really, loves it.

So when they're sitting in an interview and Michael blurts out that he and Luke shower together, Luke can't say he's really too surprised, but he's definitely caught off guard.

It's a day before Luke's birthday and their new song Girls Talk Boys was just released at midnight the night before and they're doing an interview wearing funny, Ghostbusters costumes and talking about the song itself, the movie they recorded this song for and their Madison Square Garden concert they're about to play tonight. That's why everyone's so caught off guard when Michael somehow manages to make him and Luke the center of the conversation and nearly blows their cover.