Chp.1~ Greetings From Austin, Texas

"Teresa's POV"

"Henry?'' I whispered, scared that if I spoke to loud he would disappear into thin air like breath in cold weather.

He turned around and his eyes lit up. He smiled so wide that you could see his gums from a top his pearly white teeth.

I was surprise to see how unfamiliar he looked, from his thick brown hair to his sun kissed skin; it wasn't the Henry I had remembered. My gaze had moved from his face to his broad shoulders. He surprisingly managed to make even the stupid school uniform look good. It looked casual, but yet a style of his own. His white button-down was rolled up to his elbows, a tie hung loose around his neck with the first button undone that revealed the very top of a toned chest.

Henry cascaded away from a group of boys and stepped over to where I was.

"Teresa Glaser in the flesh.'' Henry joked. His smile lines appeared, lighting up his chocolate eyes.

A familiar smell of wet wood and light citrus filled my nostrils. It replayed the memories of camping trips and movie nights all consisting in the backyard of Henry's old house.

His large hand plopped on the top of my head and ruffed my hair, a habit I wasn't too familiar of.

"Henry, there you are, I was waiting for like an hour in the cafeteria." The high voice caused me to flinch as the girl came up from behind me. She reached for Henry's head and pulled in, mushing her lips to his cheek. She then turned her head, her platinum blonde ponytail swung back and forth while her bright blue eyes scanned my body.

"Nice of you to tour the newbie around, we don't get very much here." She spoke as she hung onto Henry's shoulder.

"This is Teresa, and old friend." He gestured at me, I pulled out enough strength to give her a half-hearted smile.

"Oh, like in the movie Maze Runner! Henry loves that movie." She gleamed at him.

"Hope it held up to his standards in the book." I joked, playfully hitting him in his chest.

She furrowed her brows, "Henry read the book?" She asked curiously. I was taken back by the question, especially since Henry was a total bookworm.

"Yeah, every book in the series, wouldn't put it down for anything." I cautiously laughed. Henry looked uneasy, scratching his neck and starring down at his Nike shoes.

"Awe, you use to be a little nerd, who knew you would grow to be the star wide receiver." She giggled.

My smile faded at the news. Star wide receiver? Flashbacks of evening spent on my couch while my dad watched the Superbowl reeled in my mind. Henry didn't know the difference between fumbled ball and a turnover, but now he was the starting wide receiver? I guess times have changed.

"I can't even imagine you reading, you probably looked so stupid." She continued to play with his hair, giggling like a little girl in his ear.

Her expression changed with a quick swift of her head, looking back at me. "That's why you look so freaking familiar, you're that Youtuber's girlfriend right?" She pointed asking.

"Your correct." I nodded, adjusting the straps on my shoulder.

"Wherever you go I'm sure drama follows, you know with being with somebody that big and you being a nobody." She smiled, not taking in to context the words she spoke. I was taken back by it, but not knocked down. The sudden change of direction kept me unbalanced on my feet.

"No, not really. I think of myself as somebody somewhat important."

"Oh, well you do have to stay on your toes, with you know, him in Florida and you here, all the way in Texas." She giggled once more.