Chp.8~ Priorities

"Teresa's POV"

November's season had come upon us in an unexpected turn. The clock went back several hours, and it was now dark by six o'clock. Fall had really shown through than any other month with sunny skies, gust of freezing winds, and an endless supply of warm color leaves; but since my move to Texas, I have realized that the fall feeling I usually get, just wasn't the same. The weather here was always so unbalanced, it could be raining softball-size hail one minute, and so bright that you have to squint your eyes the next.

But, for this particular month, it wasn't the weather that scared me; it was homecoming. The time where people ask one another in sarcastic and joking ways, and others sit alone on that night and watch the entire series of, The Vampire Diaries, as thy sulk in silence. My sister told me the day after her first homecoming was pretty epic, she said that if she got to do one day over again, it would be homecoming. I asked Lola how she felt about it and she was ecstatic, although, Caleb thought otherwise.

As for me, I was excited.

The thought of getting my makeup and hair done and getting to wear a pretty dress made my fingers tingle, the only thing that I wasn't excited for was the fact that I wouldn't be able to go with Trevor. I face-timed Trevor yesterday, his first homecoming was the first week of October, but he told me he didn't go, it didn't feel right for him to go without me. I felt a little guilty since he missed out on his homecoming, especially since I wanted to go to mine. After thinking it through a little, I decided that I was going and I'm going to have a great time.

"Lame?! No, you're lame Caleb, Homecoming is sweet and fun, unlike your
culo aburrido
." Lola frowned, throwing a fry at Caleb's hair. It was lunch time, and Homecoming seemed to be the topic everybody was talking about.

"What's the point of going if you don't have a date?" Caleb spoke, shrugging his shoulders. He calmly took a bite out of his turkey sandwich.

"I'll be your date." Lola smiled. Caleb stopped chewing and looked peripheral at her. "Lola," He whispered, smirking after his deep chuckle. "You're a nice person and all, but you're like my sister, and I don't want to date my sister." He laid a hand on hers, playfully consoling her 'broken' heart.

She slapped his hand away quick, "Not like that you idiota! Like, Friends hanging out for the night."

"Amigo, help me out with this!" Lola turned to me, giving puppy dog eyes. "I stopped listening ten minutes ago." I turned back to the homecoming catalog that my mom got me. Between school, babysitting Nathaniel with Henry, and face-times with Trevor, I have had no time to get a dress for homecoming, and it was just in two weeks.

"You just might be the worst amiga ever." Lola pouted, laying her chin on her balled up fist.

"Fine, I'm listening." I put down the catalog and looked up. "I was just explaining that Caleb has to come to homecoming, it's not optional!"

"I have to go with Lola here Caleb, homecoming will be awesome, you should go." I shrugged apologetically.

Caleb sighed, putting down his sandwich for the third time, "look guys, homecoming just isn't my thing, but if there is an after party that you know of, then call me, and I can bring the band over." He winked.

Lola rolled her eyes, "whatever."

"So, what are you wearing to homecoming?" Lola asked. She grabbed two fries and ate them at the same time.

"Don't know, still looking." Reopened opened the catalog. "Perfecto! I don't either! Want to go to the mall after school?" She smiled wide.

"Sorry, not tonight." I shook my head. I was helping Henry babysit Nathaniel while his family was out for country club, and I also had a math test to study for, and I really didn't feel like walking around anyway.