Chp.23~ She Knows

"Teresa POV"

It was hard. Yes, things were very hard. All of the headaches that I have had this pass week, with Hallie exposing my embarrassing past, and Trevor and I's argument, I have felt that nothing will ever go back the same. Thankfully though, things have. After the big fuss that happened in the hallway with Hallie, people have been really supportive. People have given me reassurance and even apologized for making fun of me. It still kills me that people know, but I'm going to be okay. Lola and Caleb have been by my side 24/7, making sure that I'm okay and everything. Yeah, I'm fine is usually what I tell them, and part of that is true, I'm fine, but one thing has been traveling through my brain every now and then. What Hallie said about the next secret she was going to release, telling me that it would kill me, but as long as I have the amazing support that I have been getting than I'll be fine.

The bell rang signalling that everybody needed to head to their homeroom. I passed through the hallway, trying to avoid any weird eye contact made with other people. I still got a lot of stares, but they were different. I think the stares are from how heated I got at Hallie. People have been talking about how I really put her in her place. Good thing I know.

"Stop." I heard of whispering voice on my left. I snapped my neck that way, realizing what i was seeing.

"Stop, I hate when people do that." Caleb laughed, Alex was tickling him, like he was some dog or a baby. Caleb's head jerked my way. I quickly took smaller steps to hide behind the brick wall. Alex and Caleb have been acting super strange lately. At lunch it was like as is Alex's eyes were hot glued to Caleb's face. Every time Caleb spoke Alex seemed so fascinated, like Caleb was a hot celebrity. Of course, Lola was clueless to it. She was more worried on getting Alex to change his mind about his sexuality, it was hilarious. She had put on more makeup than usual and even took the time to style her hair. She would giggle at everything he said and she would buy him extra food for lunch. She didn't understand that something like that couldn't change him, but whatever. Alex laughed, only to disobey Caleb's orders and continue to tickle him. I sighed. Something was up with them. Maybe it was just me, or maybe Caleb was just excited to finally  have a guy friend. Whatever it was, I was going to find out.

"Alex's POV"

I was so excited when school was over. Only a few more weeks and it will be spring break, I could do it, I could wait till then, right? Today was my very first time being able to train somebody. It was a girl from the soccer team, she twisted her ankle and I got to train her for the week, it was pretty cool. Since today was Monday and I didn't have to go to any after-school practices, I was eager to go home and take a nap.

I hurriedly spun the combination lock. As I opened my locker, I flinched as something fluttered out and drifted to my feet. Bending down, I picked up the piece of paper and smoothed it out. Someone had stuffed it through the small vents of my locker. I stared at the words. 

Meet me at my place at 6. I want you......

                                                              -CC

I could feel myself crack a smile. CC was the code name that I gave Caleb. It was something that we shared when we passed notes to each other. A funny warm feeling spread throughout my body. I looked up and down the corridor, wonder if he was around. Nope, just a bunch of 11th graders laughing and joking as they headed downstairs to the bus stops and pick up lines.

I starred at his beautiful hand-writing one more time. It seemed that no matter what Caleb did, I couldn't stop myself from smiling. It warmed my heart to know that he thought of me in ever now and then. Even if I thought of him every hour of the day.