Chp.2~ Old Friends, New School

"Teresa's POV"

My eyes cracked open, but closed immediately when I realized the sun's rays were in my eyes. I groaned in annoyance as I realized that my mother wanted me awake. I turned away from her, pulling the blankets over my head. Although I wanted more sleep, an alarming hand shook me until I made a response.

"Wake up, Teresa!" Mom's voice sounded higher than it normally did, as if she was more excited about my first day than I was.

"Ugh!"I groaned, flipping over so that my face met my Mothers. She was already dressed and ready to tackle on the day, but as for me that was going to be more of a challenge.

"Breakfast is waiting for you downstairs." My mom had said. My noise inhaled the smell of bacon grease and fluffy pancakes as soon as the words escape her mouth.

I rolled onto my side, glancing to my beat-up alarm clock to check the time. "Of course it's 7:30 in the freakin' morning." I flopped down on the bed, remembering how school back in Florida started at 9, there were even complementary drinks set out for those who were late.

"Ugh!" I groaned into my pillow.

Knowing that I wouldn't be able to sleep any longer, I swung my legs over the side of the bed and rose to a sitting position. I pulled up my fuzzy socks and stomped downstairs. The house's decor still needed work on, and all of our furniture haven't even gotten here yet, it was still on the back of a truck somewhere.

In the kitchen, My mom finished making her cup of coffee and slurped it down, eyeing me. I let my fingers run along our new granite counter tops as I stood beside the isle. Mom laid out a plate full of pancakes and crispy bacon with a side of OJ. It didn't take long to devour before heading back upstairs for the first day.

I walked into my bathroom. My own bathroom. The words sounded weird rolling off my tongue. My entire life I shared a one-sink bathroom with a prissy teenager sister, but now it was just all mine. I almost didn't know what to do with myself. The girl in the mirror looked back at me, her hair was disheveled and her face was covered in scattered pimples. I felt my heart rush as I notice the structure of my jaw was becoming more circular. I thought that not doing dance anymore would be okay, but maybe not. I continued to get ready, avoiding my reflection as I did.

I had washed my face off and then applied moisturizer for my dry skin. I brushed my teeth and used a brush to my hair. I walked back to my room and searched through some of my bags that hadn't been unpacked yet and found something to wear. I wore my favorite skinny jeans and an old t-shirt with a jacket. The ring that Trevor gave me gleamed in my jewelry box. It was as if it was begging for me to bring it along. I pushed it down my finger as I grabbed my hand mirror and made second looks at the mascara I had applied.

"Come on, Love!" My mom shouted from outside. I pressed my lips together as I turned the light off. I tried to leave behind any lingering memories or Florida or my old friends, it would only drag me down in the process of making new ones.

My mom parked the car by the curb. I stayed in the car looking out of the window.

'Welcome to Lovelorn Academy! Home of the Wolves!' the banner read.

I looked at the people who were gathered outside. Old students gathered in their groups and new students stood there on the quad, with their phones, looking around awkwardly.

I sighed out. "Well the car doors not going to open its self, I don't have that kind of money for that. " My mom joked. I looked at her, begging her with my eyes to just put me in online schooling.

"I haven't seen that look since kindergarten.'' My mom remembered. I shook my head as I fiddled with my hands. "Honey, you got this." My mom assured me. I took another deep breath before exiting the car. My heart was pounding like crazy. Another sign on the far left of the school had taken in my interest. 'Lovelorn Academy for Academic Excellence. Styling Our Lovelorn Look!' It read. I could feel my heart sink deeper and deeper in my body as I noticed the students around me. They wore button up shirts with a red and black blazer and the Lovelorn Academy logo embroidered on the side. The campus was scattered with pleated skirts and plaid pants. ties covered guys necks and Mary Jane's shined the girls' shoes.