Chp.20~ Valentine's Day

"Caleb's POV"

I took a deep breath. Today is Valentine's Day. The day of overpriced chocolates in plastic heart-shaped boxes, the crappy greeting cards, and the bunches of roses; I absolutely hate Valentine's day. Why was it such a big responsibility for the guy to throw a special women a big, humongous surprise? Us guys get nothing out of it! I've hated Valentine since grade school. It makes me sick. I looked off into the horizon of my school. People hung outside where the snow was as they handed each other their gift. Balloons, 4 feet teddy bears, chocolates and big gift bags. I rolled my eyes. Now the girls would just go around and giggle about how they got romantic gifts and brag to their single friends.

"Stop hating." I could hear Alex's voice in my ears. He wrapped his hands around my waist as he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. Alex and I got to know each very well over the weekend. After my car broke down, Alex showed up and became my hero at that moment. We kissed, and it was amazing. I went back to his house that same day met his two moms (that was pretty cool) and we hung out that entire day. on Saturday we met for ice cream, even though it was below 20 degrees, but I loved it. He hung back at my place and ended up meeting my dad. Of course my dad knew nothing about us; heck, nobody in my family does! Then finally on Sunday, we decided to take things REALLY slow, and when I say slow I mean like just still acting as friends slow. I still haven't told Lola or Teresa and I'm pretty sure they won't take this lightly. I talked about girls 24/7, they would think I became mentally ill if I told them right now. Alex insist that the only way I could feel better is if I tell at least tell one person I trusted, but I'm just not ready. My parents would definitely kick me out of the house and my sister would never look at me the same way, and I'm still not sure if I'm gay or if I just into both sex.

"Are you going to tell them?" Alex asked me. I turned round in his grasp. "No, not right now. It's not a good time." I folded my arms. Alex let go of me.

"You don't understand Alex. Coming out bi will be a lot harder for me than for you. You have two moms! This was child's play for you." I sighed.

Alex titled his head. "Bi?" He leaned against his car. We had parked up on top of a hill, one of the hills that I knew nobody could see us. Since my car was still in the shop, I needed somebody to take me to school, and who better than Alex?

"Yeah. I'm still not sure what I am." I leaned beside Alex on the car.

"Well don't make this sound like you're some creature. You're still Caleb." Alex explain. I looked down at my gloves. I wasn't so sure about that still. Am I still the immature, funny Caleb that I used to be? This, what ever I am, has changed me, and I could feel it.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend or had a crush on a girl?" Alex asked me. I thought for a minute. I did have a girlfriend, in like the fifth grade, but I don't know if that will count. And I did have a crush on Teresa at the beginning of the year, or at least I thought I had a crush on her.

"Who was it?" Alex smiled. He knew that I have thought of somebody.

I sighed. "Teresa." I spoke quietly. Alex laughed. "It wasn't for long, it was like for three weeks, maybe a month, but no more than that."

"Seems like the whole school has a crush on her." Alex looked down at the school. I spotted teresa on her phone sitting on the bench, it looked as if she was talking to somebody.

"Why do you say that?"

"You know that kid that sometimes sits at our table? the one with the really dark hair?" Alex illustrated him.

"Mason?" I guessed. Alex nodded his head. "Yeah him, I can see it in his eyes when he talks to her."

"Really Alex?" I laughed. Alex thought he could see everything in people's eyes. Like he was some type of wizard or something. "If not that then probably that he only talks to her when he sits with us." We both laughed. That was true, he never open his mouth for anybody unless it was for Teresa. I once asked him question and it looked like he was ready to claw my eyes out.