Fixing My Situations

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys!! I really appreciate everybody for reading my book, seriously I do. Thanks for all the reads, votes, comments, and of course, follows. I REALLY REALLY appreciate it. But, like any writer, some problems have been accruing and I decided that instead of writing it after a chapter, I would just dedicate a page for it. If you're anything like me, than you don't give a flying flop about the author. So at the end of the chapter, where they'll say something in regards to the book, or a situation, you just skip over it, like I do. I know, it's rude of me, sometimes I'll even forget to vote on books that I REALLY enjoy. I just know that 99.9 percent of the time, people don't pay attention to what I have to say, you probably read the first sentence and said, I don't care. I get it, I do, cause if I were in your shoes, I would most definitely not care either. But if you are still with me, than there are a few situations that have been going on in my book internally and externally that I would like to get out there. Most of what I'm about to say kinda won't make sense if you're reading this two or three years later, so this is mostly for the now people. 

MATURE: 

Alright, so this is a BIG situation that I want to talk about with the audience that reads my book. I posted my book as mature, but I really didn't read the guidelines until now. I decided, after really reading through the guidelines, that my book isn't mature what so ever. The topics that they talked about in the guidelines were WAY to detailed for my story. I'll go in a little deeper. 

Teresa and Trevor's Intimate Scene: 

So, a few chapters ago, maybe 14, 15 chapters ago, I wrote a miniature sex scene between two of my main characters, Trevor and Teresa. When I was reading the guidelines, I thought to myself, yes, there's a sex scene in my story, but it's not even a detailed sex scene.  It's literally kissing, thinking about doing it, some more kissing and then bang; they do it. But I never went into full detail, any detail of that matter of when the sex was occurring. So, when I read on further through the guidelines, I saw that if you just reference to sex or don't go into any mature details of the sex, than it can be rated everybody, but then I saw that if the sex is between someone younger than 16, than it's going against the guidelines. Teresa at the moment, is 14 and Trevor is 15. Yes, I know that is going against the code, but here me out. Depending on when you read this, I am going into the 9th grade. I had just came out of middle school and one of the girl's on my team had gotten pregnant. I was in middle school, so obviously she was only 13, maybe 14. So, in my opinion, because of what I have kinda been through, I think that it is perfectly fine to have two people, under the age of 16 to have sex in as story as long as it isn't FULLY detailed since they are only 14-15. Mine isn't detail, like, at all, so I think that it is perfectly fine. I don't condone that people under the age of 16 have unprotected sex, or even to have sex at all! It happens, like in my book, and if you think that it needs to be mature because of this, then please comment down below. 

Caleb and Alex's Sexuality: 

In my book, I do have two gay characters, Caleb and Alex. If you have a problem with that, or you feel that that is disgusting, than take yourself elsewhere. My book goes through all the trials and tribulations in high school, and  sorry for your bad luck, but sexuality is one thing A LOT of teens go through in high school, so if you can't stand it, then again, go elsewhere. But, getting into the actual point, the guidelines never really said anything about sexuality, but I do want to know if my audience, readers, whatever, think that this is also a mature thing. If you believe it is a mature topic, than please comment down below.