Chp.14~ It's On

"Teresa's POV"

I took the last bite out of the cold pumpkin pie before continuing one with my every so often "uh-huh's" after Jennifer finished a sentence or two. I gulped down a large portion of my water; the pumpkin pie's sweetness had overtaken my mouth as if it was almost too sweet. Today Thanksgiving, but it felt more like a regular sit-at-home dinner. Only Jennifer my mom and I were present. Trevor had to leave for a dinner with his manager and everybody else was too busy with their own completed families. Even though I looked into Jennifer's dark musky eyes, I couldn't help with be bothered by something else, it was the same recurring conversation that I had with the nurse at the Women's Clinic. When I went in to get an ultrasound to see if there was anything in my system, nothing showed up. Though, since it was only like 4 days since we had 'assured intercourse' or whatever that means, there was no certain chance that the egg had made it to my uterus. So next Wednesday, they want me to come back so they can make a firm understanding if I'm am pregnant or not. But Dr. Woods said it was a probability of 42% since I wasn't showing any signs of a pregnancy. The heavy weighs were only lifted a little, but next week will be the final understanding, so that I can go back to living my normal, everyday life.

I shot out of my trance when I hear, "My Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira explode out and vibrate the table. I immediately clicked answer due to the reason of knowing who put the song as her ringtone for when she calls.

Lola.

"Hello?" I answered taking a spoonful of potato salad to my mouth. "So, what's the plan's for tonight?" She asked me, the muffle voices of shouting and laugher behind her. Trevor had texted me earlier today about a new carnival that had just opened last night, and how excited Lola was about going, but in all honestly, I wasn't up for going out today.

Lola shrieked through the phone at the latest news I dropped on her, "Vamos Teresa!" Lola whined over the phone. I sighed, preparing myself for a lecture about not having fun for a good thirty minutes in half of a language I still couldn't understand.

"This could me like a celebration for no baby!" I could see through the phone Lola hands in the air.

"Well were not sure just yet." I reminded her. She hissed at me. "Whatever, can we just do something tonight?" Lola groaned. When Jennifer saw that I wasn't paying any more attention to her, she left down the hall and into her room. I knew that if I stayed at the house, I was going to half to suffer another one of Jennifer's bench-watching episodes. I loved her to death, but if I had to sit through one more season of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix, I was going to lose it.

"Alright, we can go, but I don't know if the amusement park will even be open this late." I threw away my empty bowl of potato salad before making my way upstairs to find the first stich of clothing that caught my eye.

"No just look up times, it's 7 now so we have about a good 3 more hours in the next like 30 minutes."

"Okay, I'll let Trevor know and we'll be on our way."

"No need, Caleb just got his license today, he offered to drive us." Lola nervously laughed.

"Well then let me go warn the news for everyone to stay off the roads." I joked. Lola laughed with me before we said our goodbyes and hung up.

I decided on a floral romper, with a white cardigan, and my tan flip flops. I pulled my hair up into a messy ponytail, not even bothering to see what it had looked like. I avoided the mirrors, worried that I would see a dramatic change in my appearance, informing me that there actually was a human growing inside of me.

20 minutes later, Trevor showed up in a throw-on grey t-shirt with jeans. Two minutes after, we heard honking from outside.

"Jennifer I'm leaving! Make sure you tell mom when she gets back from her girl's night out okay?" I shouted.