Chapter 20: Training time!

Ryuki: Okay. One more time (Wipes his sweat off his forehead) Okay. (Holds his right hand) Lighting style: Lighting strike (Strikes a tree making it break and fall to the ground) I'm starting to get better at it somewhat, I just need more power and control. (Sits on the floor and sighs) What now? (Jumps up) Holy Crap I gotta make it back to the exams! (Runs out of the forest)

*After arriving he sees choji laid flat on the floor*

Ryuki: Oh no not you too choji.

Shikamaru: Yeah, all it took was two punches and the match was over.

Ryuki: (face-palms) You've gotta be kidding me. 

Ino: That's choji for ya.

Choji: (Walks up to his comrades disappointed) I'm sorry guys. I tried my best.

Ryuki: Don't worry choji (Pats him on the back) It's the effort that counts. Let's train and get better so we can kick their butts. 

Shikamaru: Yeah just keep training.

Ino: You can do it choji.

Choji: T-thanks guys.

Ryuki: Hey by the way, did Naruto win his round? 

Shikamaru: Yeah he did, not the clean way either. but a win is a win I guess.

Ino: Tell me about it.

Ryuki: Wait, what happened?

Shikamaru: Well when kiba look like he had the match one Naruto well, he farted in his face.

Ryuki: (Tries to hold his laughter) H-he farted.....in his face.....

Asuma: Before you guys start fooling around, go down to the center of the arena. 

Ryuki: (Pats Shikamaru's shoulder)  Looks like we gotta head down shikamaru. Let's go (jumps down)

Shikamaru: Yeah coming (follows him and then stands next to him in the center of the arena with the other winners) Here comes the man.

Third Hokage: Congratulation to all the winners here so far.  In the final round, you will all put your battle skills to display. You'll demonstrate the power and control you've achieved in your respected disciplines. Accordingly the finals won't begin until one month from now.

Naruto: Wait so were not gonna do it right here and now?

Third hokage: This is to provide an area of preparations.

Ryuki: What's that supposed to mean?

Third hokage: To put simply in addition to send invitations to each countries leaders we must also make time to distribute the summons for the final selections. Also not to mention that you examines' are gonna need to prepare for something this big.

Ryuki: (Thinks to himself: I'm ten steps ahead of ya old man. I've been working for at least 20 minutes.....wait, that's not a lot of time. Ugh forget it.)

Third hokage: Now I'll get to get things wrapped up so before we can dismiss there is one more important matter I'll discuss. In a calm and orderly fashion your all gonna take a slip of paper that Anko is holding.  

Anko: Everyone just stay where you are I'll come to you. (Walks up to each competitor with a box full of papers) Just take one.

Ryuki: (Looks at his paper and sees a number) A number?

Ibiki: Good now that everyone has one, from left to right tell me your numbers written on the slip.

Naruto: 1 of course.