Chapter 26: The Hokage's Funeral. Until Next Time!

*The four ninjas from team asuma help ryuki to the hospital and got there as fast as they could. As they get closer to it, It seems that reinforcements have arrived and cleared out the place. They rush inside Konoha's hospital urging one of the nurses to help him and when she looks at ryuki, she goes and calls for help and in a instant multiple ninjas come to his aid.*

Konoha's doctor: We'll try our best (He nodded at the group and ran off)

Ino: (Goes and sits on a chair nearest to the door with Rin) Please......(Holds her hands together) 

Rin: (Holds on to Ino) 

Shikamaru: (Stands next to the door with his head down)

Choji: (Sits on the floor with his back against the wall)

*After a half an hour, Ino went to see the progress being done with ryuki*

Ino: (Returns back to her original seat)

Rin: How is he?

Ino: The doctors told me to give them some more time. He over exhausted his body. And with all the wounds on his body, We'll still have to wait.

Shikamaru: (Gently banged his head on the wall) I failed. I've failed my own teammate. (Holds his head down)

Choji: I failed too. I wasn't strong enough. (Looks at the ceiling) If only I weren't so weak.

Rin: (Sniffles and rubs her eyes) W-we'll just wait.....I believe my brother's gonna be okay. 

Ino: Y-yeah, your right. (Sits up straight) I believe in him too.

10 Minutes Later

*Asuma comes into the hospital with dried up blood on the left cheek indicating that he's been into some fighting himself*

Asuma: What happened here? (Looks at the group noticing that their faces look as if someone they known just passed away) Where's ryuki?

Ino: He's......In the emergency room sensei.

Rin: My brother, he was badly hurt protecting Ino from the rouge ninjas. (Wipes her eyes)

Asuma: (Pulls the cigarette from his mouth) Where's the doctors who's assigned to him? 

Shikamaru: Just left the emergency room. We're still waiting on his update. The last thing they said was that he was in over exhausted his body and had multiple wounds.

Asuma: I'll be back. (Walks towards the front desk)

Five minutes later 

Asuma: (Returns from the doctor) Ryuki's update according to the doctors is that he's in stable condition.

Rin: (Eyes start to water as she hugs ino in relief) H-he's.......He's.....

Ino: (Cries along with rin as she hugs back) He's gonna be okay.

Shikamaru: (Eyes water a bit but he rubs his tears off his face) That's good.

Choji: (Tears go down his cheek) He's okay!

Asuma: However, the third hokage......He's been killed in battle.

Ino: What......?

Rin: Our leader....lost in battle?

Shikamaru: No way.

Asuma: He used a forbidden justu that kills your enemy but also yourself. The invasion was stopped but we've lost someone dear. The only thing we know as of now is who was behind the attack. Enough talk about that though, we'll deal with the matter when Ryuki is recovered. I'll go get everyone something to eat. Choji? Wanna come?