The Day She Held Him Through The Storm

Depression is like drowning except you see everyone around breathing while you struggle to
_____________

Hiiii I'm back with another update hope you like!!! It's short though sorry!

SCARLET

I laid in bed sore. Like a rag doll he had used me. Could I blame him I didn't say no. I sobbed. For my own pain. For the pain Lucian was going through. For loosing my in laws.

They were amazing people. I wondered why God had taken them away! What had they done to deserve it. I remember Olivia always telling me that everything God does is for a bigger plan.

"What have Mr Bancroft done to you?" I saw Ms Henry at the door way. I pull the cover over my naked body.

I sniffled.

She came over to the bed and embraced me. I didn't have to explain. It was like she knew.

"Don't cry. Not everybody do bad things is monster" she soothed me as I sobbed.

I didn't hate Lucian for to me. What he did wasn't right. Taking out his pain and frustration through sex.

I wouldn't say I understood what he felt. Although I had lost my parent. I had not truly cared for them. My mother had died influenza a few years after my birth. I didn't remember much of her.

But my father. He had imprinted memories in me for sure. I tried not to think about it much. But I remember how cruel he would be to me and told me he was making me strong. When he went by influenza as well I was not saddened.

But Lucian had wonderful parents and they were taken from him just like Fred and Olivia were taken from me. People we loved died everyday and there was nothing we could do.

I don't remember stop crying. I don't remember falling asleep. I don't remember Ms Henry's hands stop comforting me.

I do remember fingers tracing my face. It was brief and gentle. Fingers I was too familiar with.
~~

The memorial was kept two days after. Lucian had not spoken to me nor I. Both cowards. He stayed away from me like plague.

People came and consoled him. I saw the raw anger behind his eyes.

They bodies were never recovered so we paid tribute to a photo of them. Lucian however made graves for them.

When the last of the guest had left Lucian was no where to be found. I went upstairs and drew a bath. My door was now fixed. As I laid in the bath I heard thunders. And saw lighten across the sky.

It was strange how I was frightened by thunder but mesmerized by what followed. Lightening. The way they danced in the sky.

I hurried out the bathe. As I dressed the thunders got worse.

I took every courage I had and went to Lucians chambers. He had stopped sleeping in his room.

I pushed the door and the room was empty. The bed had not yet been slept on. I walked over to the window I saw Lucian outside.

He needed me. He needed somebody to be there with him. I ran to him.

There was wind outside. A storm was coming.

"Lucian!" I yelled over the wind and thunder. He didn't turned. I wasn't sure if he heard me or he was ignoring me.

There was so much thunder

There was so much thunder. I just wanted to lay in bed and cover up till it had passed.

I ran towards Lucian and hugged him from behind. He turned around and looked at me with empty eyes.

"What are you doing out here" his voice cracked a little.

"I'm out here for you Lucian. I'm here for you. Through all this pain and grief. I'm your wife. Through better or worse. I'm here" I stroke his cheek.

His eyes welled up with tears.

"I hate myself for what I did to you. I promised to protect you but here I am hurting you" he choked.

"I can't begin to understand what you're going through. But I know the pain of loosing people you love. We all have our different ways of dealing with it. Dealing with pain there's no easy way. But through my pain I had no one but Mary. But you have me. You have Mary. You have Ms Henry. We can't fill the gap of your parents. But we are still your family! And we will get through this!" Tears ran down his face and the rain started.

He hugged me.

"Thank you Lettie" he hugged me and cried. Through the lightening, thunder, rain I heard nothing but his cries as I held my husband.

I've finally found cast for MR &  MRS BANCROFT...

Suzan Sarandon as Mrs Bancroft
Bill Murray as Mr Bancroft

And no I did not cry when I killed his parents. I'm sorry I cannot will never cry for a book that I am writing. I mean I'm the writer I know what I'll be writing.

Please leave a comment

Also feel free to follow me on snapshot: mal-bear