The Day They Let Their Emotions Out

I loved you
But you didn't love me back
___________________________

I slowly pushed her away.

I told her to stay away. I wasn't upset with her. I was upset with my self. I couldn't bare to have her look at me less.

I didn't feel like a man. I felt pathetic.

Two weeks since. I've been awake. I went back to my room. Moving out of Scarlet's own. I didn't leave my room. Ms Henry came occasionally to help me wash. Brought my food to me.

There was so much I missed. The birth of my beautiful son. Lucas.

Scarlet picked a beautiful name. Mrs Henry bought him to see me now and then. Those were the rare moments I smiled. It bought me the greatest joy to see the life that I had created with Scarlet.

Mrs Henry had been filling me on all that I've missed. It was both heart wrenching and amusing.

My parents were alive. Tears ran down my cheeks from such news. I couldn't believe it and Ms Henry had to reassure me that I was quite true.

They were stranded on a island after the ship wreck and apparently found time to spend in the company of pirates. And now they were off on another adventure.

I was glad they were not here to see me like this. I'm glad no one told them truth. It would only bring them pain.

Mrs Henry proceed to tell me about how Scarlet had bravely and single handed delivered Lucas by her self the day I was kidnapped.

I could just picture how brave she was and perhaps felt alone. I hadn't been with her at that time. I was suppose to be by her side. Be her moral support.
~~

Seconds turned to minutes

Minutes to hours

Hours to days

Days to weeks

And finally weeks to months.

I had found sanctuary in my room two months now. Mary visited me. She rarely said much. Just listen while I talked and would give me a kiss and call me papa before she left.

My happiest moments where those when I saw Lucas. I think he looks a lot like Scarlet.

Occasionally John and Isabelle came to visit me. They never asked about what happened with Stephen and I didn't feel like sharing.

I still get vivid dreams of him. I wondered what happened to him.

I grew tired of my room. I washed and stood naked in the mirror and looked over my body. From my neck down was designed with scars.

I was disgusting to look at. I dressed and walked to the garden. I made it down without having been seen by anyone.

I walked to the garden and I saw her. She slowly turned. My beautiful scarlet. Her eyes were sad. I couldn't help but think I played a part in that.

Once again I hurt her.

"I should leave" she said.

"No no... I'll leave" I turned.

"You're right. You should. God knows you can't stomach to see me" her eyes flared.

Anger.

It was quite the opposite. I knew she couldn't stomach me. Not the other way around.

"Scarlet I.." the words died on my lips. I didn't exactly know what to say.

"You stay locked up in that stupid room like you're the only one that suffered. You're so selfish" she yelled at me. Constricted anger.

"You have no idea what I went through!!" I roared back at her. Feeling my self getting angrier by the second.

"And do you? Have any idea what I went through. When you got kidnap I went crazy with worry! It was all my fault. I brought Stephen into our lives. I was in bed for two weeks Lucian. Two god damn weeks. I felt help less. I just had a child. And I knew whatever Stephen was up was no good. I had to cry myself to bed.

I couldn't save you. When I found you! You were a mess. I came for you. I rescued you. I killed a fucking man to save you. To save us! That's something I will have to live with forever. You think you're the only one who's lost something. I lost my humanity.

And I would do it all over again. If it meant saving you. I would.

I lost my brother. My sister in law. I'm losing my mind and my husband. You let everyone see you but not me! Not your wife! The person who's suppose to always be there. So just stop acting like you're the only one hurting"

Her chest was heaving. She was crying. Her voice was cracked. Her body was shaking.

I felt utterly guilty. I pushed her away not once thinking about how it had affected her. How she felt. What she had went through for me. Because of me.

I was selfish.

She had done so much for me. And I shoved it all back in her face.

"I couldn't let you see how broken I was. I could always fool everyone else but not you Scarlet. Stephen changed me. You don't know what he did to me" I whispered.

"Then tell me" she held my hand.