01.

She laid there. Her mind fogged in the most uncomfortable way. This had been her life for years now. 19 years.

Inside her chamber was her sanctuary. She could release everything in here. All the annoyance she felt from her officers, she hated all of them. They were all foolish and annoying and asked far too many questions.

She laid there, feeling her stomach. Through the armor was her soft belly. A belly that once held two beautiful children. A belly that was once caressed lovingly. But now was encased in hard, cold, black armor that made her only more robotic and less human.

Sometimes she can hear him. If she concentrates enough she can hear his whispers that bring tingles to her neck, she can feel the touch the burns her body in curiosity. She can remember him saying her name, the one she was born with: (Y/N).

But it's a fantasy she can't give into for long. Her brain reminds her that's not her name. That is no longer her life, and it never can be. She sold her soul to the Galaxy, and the Galaxy needs her more than any foolish love does.

Yet still, if she could cry, she would. She mourns the loss of her family every day. Not a single day has gone by where she doesn't relive a memory of her husband, of her children. But now she has a new family, the Empire. As much as she htes her officers, she has a strange adoration for her soldiers and staff workers who care for her.

Her new Empire is the only kind of strange family she can have. She cares about the Empire, this has become her safe spot. She will defend the Empire forever. She's always at war. Ever since she was 17 years old, she's been at war.

She fights so much, sometimes it's so easy to forget who it is she's fighting for. At first it was the Galaxy, then the Republic, then her family, then the only person left to protect was herself and the Empire. But in all honesty, she could care less about the Empire. What she cares about is herself. Because who knows what would happen to her if the Empire didn't succeed? If the Empire fell, so would she.

She sat up as the chamber lifted, and the isolated oxygen dissipated into the rest of the air of the ship's room. A metal arm came back from the wall to reattach the metal mask over her mouth. On Mustafar, all those years ago, the ash attached itself to her lungs and makes it extremely hard for her to breathe solely on her own.

She stood up, breathing in normally. Her mask reminded her of the weakness she felt. She relied so heavily on the Empire, it's a wonder how she can function at all. She could go short times without it, but the fire that always ignites in her lungs after long is too painful. But nobody could know that she goes through any pain; so she covers it with a black cloth, hiding her pain from everyone.

"What is it?" The dark lady spat to the officer who interrupted her quiet time.

"My apologies, Lady Majka. But we've solidified the connection between the Rebel Alliance and Princess Leia of Alderaan." Officer Thanissian informed her.

Leia

Even just the name brought a sour taste to her mouth. That was the name Anakin wanted so badly; at first it gave the woman butterflies but now all it gave was like a searing pain in her stomach. Why did the Senator of Alderaan of all places have to name their child Leia?

"Wonderful." She chuckled to keep her menacing look, the young officer seemed afriad to bring her the news, "Why is it that you look afraid then, darling? Remember that I sense fear."

"Um.. Um.. Well we uh, we tracked her and her rebel friends down. We captured the rebels, but they had help from the inside, I'm sorry to report that they.. escaped onto Princess Leia's ship." The young man explained.

"Escaped?" Darth Majka stared at his face, "You broke me out of my chamber, to inform me that some rebels have escaped."

She gripped his throat in her hands. She pushed him back against the wall and held him there. Nobody breaks her peace for something as simple as that. Officer Thanissian was also in charge of the prison level, this would not go over well for him.

"No! No, of course not, my Lady." He gripped onto the nothingness that squeezed his neck.

"Then what is it?" She hissed, bringing him closer.

"They also stole the plans to the death star!" He got out.

She screamed in frustration and threw him back to the wall.

"If anything like this happens again, you come find me! All of you are amateurs and can't handle a couple of civilians!" She yelled, her face twisted in aggression. It was her head on the plate for Sidious.

"Of course.. Lady Majka. Next time-" Officer Thanissian nodded his floppy neck.

"There won't be a next time. Not for you." She crouched down by the young mans face. The corners of her mouth lifted up as she ignited her new red lightsaber to impale the mans chest.

She stood up and opened the door of the room. Two stormtroopers stood on either side of it. She looked at both of them calm, the same way she always did when she killed another idiot officer.

"I suggest you get sanitation in there immediately." She felt strangely elated at the feeling of killing a piece of the Empire. It gave herself more power. She didn't know that what she did made it weaker: killing off officers with a new replacement that would be more idiotic than the last.

She went directly to the command room, filled with dozens of soldiers and officers that all silenced in their failure. Strong, with heavy boots, the woman walked her way to her most trusted acquaintance.

"Majka." Grand Moff Tarkin met her and nodded his head.

"What's the meaning of this? The Rebels overthrowing this ship!" She criticized the man.

"We're already working on a solution. They ambushed us. I am as disappointed as you are, but you cannot underestimate these civilians." Tarkin explained.

"From now on, I'm handling the Rebels. Those plans aren't going anywhere." She yelled in his face.

"Majka, what about the Death Star?" A puny officer she had never seen before asked, "Do we continue construction?"

"You address me as Lady Majka." She informed the frightened man, "Consider yourself lucky I won't take your privilege to speak at this time. Finish the Death Star soon. I want it fully operational, so that I can show the Rebels that their ability to aim a blaster is no match for the Empire."

"As you wish, Lady Majka." The man gulped and bowed his head.

"Tell the rest of the crew too, that I will be looking for any kind of Rebel sympathizers or accomplices. And that if found, they will be dealt with by me personally, and severely." The Dark woman said loud enough for the entire bridge to hear as she walked purposefully out of the room.

She left with thoughts that every time a threat is made to the Empire, it's made personally to her and her work. The woman now sat at a control panel, using her own strategies to find the Rebels herself.

Not today, Princess.

~

If you'd like to listen with the "Twisted" based playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/user/1254020194/playlist/1zki6flwfQvFM6jHXdTj5o