54.

Anakin follows down into the prison chamber. He follows Han's protests as they throw him in a cell and lock the door behind them. They leave soon enough and Anakin goes to make contact. By the time he got there Chewie and Han were already rejoicing their reunion.

"Han, Chewie, buddies." Anakin whispered into the openings of the cell.

"Anakin? Is that you? Sorry, I can't see very well." Han said.

"It's me." Anakin said, "Your sight will be back soon." He told him.

"What's going on?" Han asked.

"Luke and I have a plan to get everyone out." Anakin informed him. Han just laughed in response, "I mean sure, I trust you but no offense- Luke? Luke's crazy. Can't even take care of himself much less rescue anybody."

Anakin grabbed Han by the shirt, "I'll have you know, that kid is about the only hope you've got."

Chewie chimes in, barking something Anakin couldn't understand and rips Han away.

"A.. a Jedi knight?" Han turns to Chewie, "I-I'm out of it for a little while and everyone gets delusions of grandeur."

Then Anakin heard a commotion upstairs. Any kind of abnormal commotion was a sign a Skywalker was around, "There's the delusional now."

~

  Luke had made his ways through the doors of Jabba's palace, using a Jedi force trick on the lock. Two guards tried to confront him but Luke was intent, he choked the both of them until he passed through.

Bib Fortuna, Jabba's right hand man, came straight up to stop him. But Luke wouldn't allow him to speak to him.

"I must speak to Jabba." Luke said. Bib spoke back in Huttese. Luke didn't speak Huttese but he could pick up the general form of discomfort. "You will take me to Jabba now."

Bib repeats it quietly to himself then begins leading the way to his Master. The audience chamber is completely asleep again.

"You serve your Master well, you will be rewarded." Luke tells the man, who responds indistinctly in Huttese.

  "At last! Master Luke's come to rescue me." 3PO praises.

"Master." Bib wakes his Jabba, who was asleep on his throne. He  awakens with a start and Bib continues, in Huttese.

"Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight." Bib announces, waking some of the other people. Jabba angrily speaks to him in Huttese for a moment. Leia looked up at Luke. She is now in a slave bikini, with a collar around her neck. She was embarrassed that her plan had failed that now it was up to her brother to save her. She felt like a disappointment, with so much hatred for Jabba.

"I must be allowed to speak." Luke demands, Bib repeats it again. Jabba, furious, clobbers Bib and shoves him away.

"... He's using an old Jedi mind trick." Jabba said, he could tell. Luke stares hard at Jabba.

"You will bring Captain Solo and the Wookiee to me." Luke said firmly, Anakin ran in right then. Anakin cursed himself for not telling him to not try a mind trick on Jabba. But he did so anyway only earning a laugh from Jabba.

"Nevertheless, I'm taking Captain Solo and his friends." Luke said, Anakin admired his calm manner. He truly seemed like a Jedi knight. "You can either profit by this... or be destroyed. It's your choice. But I warn you not to underestimate me."

Luke had ventured far enough forward to be standing on a trap door. "Master Luke, you're standing on a-" 3PO tried to warn him.

"There will be no bargain, young Jedi. I shall enjoy watching you die." Anakin understood what Jabba was saying. Luke knew it was going south, he panicked without his lightsaber. Luke saw a mans blaster and forced it into his hand. A guard quickly tried to tackle it out of his hand, shooting off one blast into the air then falling across the room, it all happened so quickly. Jabba pulled the trigger to the trap door, making Luke fall down below.

Lando who had been hiding his face with a mask revealed himself to Leia. Leia was about to make an even bigger ruckus because of her brother falling below but Lando stopped her.

Luke tumbled down and removed his cloak in his new dungeon. He looked up to see the floorboards of the audience chamber, hearing them all laugh at him motivated him to prove himself. He heard the sound of squeaking metal, and his guard friend run to another barred window to ask for help. Luke felt horrible that an innocent to his situation was now at risk.

Leia looked on in anxiousness, she was terrified for her brother. It didn't help that the more excited Jabba got the more he pulled on her collar. 3PO shouted in his own anxiety for his master, "Oh no, the Rancor!"

Luke looked behind him to see the most horrific and grotesque monster he had ever laid eyes on. This was much different than anything he had even seen on Dagobah. He swallowed his fears, he was a Jedi.

He was a Jedi who was terrified out of his wits. He took in a long calming breath that only half worked. He watched on as the Rancor took hold of his squealing pit mate and ate him alive. Luke tripped back over a skeleton. He grabbed a large bone, holding it in front of him like a lightsaber. He knew the bone wouldn't hurt the beast, but he thought maybe it could hinder it.

He let the beast take hold of him, he had to get close. The grip on his waist was so tight he thought his eyes might pop out of his head. Luke got so close as to almost being in the Rancors mouth, he placed the bone vertically in between the beasts gums.

The beast screamed in frustration that he couldn't close his mouth, dropping Luke. Luke landed hard on the sandy ground. He used all his will to roll under the rock walls. Hiding as far back as he could with another skeleton man who wasn't lucky.

Anakin had made his way to the front of the crowd to see his son place the bone in the Rancor's mouth. He was proud of his strategic thinking but that wouldn't last long, Anakin immediately left to find the entrance to the Rancor pit. He had to find someway to contact Luke, he would not let him be killed. On the way, in a now empty hallway that led to the kitchen he ran into R2 holding a tray of drinks. Everyone had run to see the action from the audience chamber so he knew they were safe to make the transaction.

"R2?" Anakin sighed in relief, the droid beeped something sassy, not recognizing his master.

"R2, buddy, it's me." Anakin lifted his mask up, R2 beeped in happiness to see his best friend, "I missed you too. I know, we'll get you out of here. I need you to help me. Remember that signal we used so you could throw me my lightsaber during the Clone Wars?"

R2 beeped to let him know he did remember, Anakin took the tray off of R2 so that he could receive their lightsabers. "Good, I need you to do the same when either Luke or I give you the signal to do so."

R2 beeped an understanding statement. Then Anakin replaced the tray on R2, "See you soon, buddy."