27.

Han and Anakin searched all 4 entrances to see if he checked in anywhere. Sure enough, no sign of him. Nobody knows where he is.

"We haven't seen Commander Skywalker come in the South Entrance. He might've forgotten to check in." The Deck Officer explained.

"Not likely." Han said, noting Luke's punctuality. Anakin found himself feeling very grateful he didn't get his communication skills, or lack there of.

"Are the speeders ready?" Anakin asked.

"Not yet, we're having some trouble adapting them to the cold." The Deck Officer explained.

"Then we'll have to go out on Tauntauns." Han decided. Finding a Tauntaun that fit him and climbed up on it.

"Sir, the temperature is dropping too rapidly!" The Deck Officer protested.

"That's right. And my friend is out in it." Han dismissed him.

"Where is another Tauntaun?" Anakin asked, not accepting no for an answer.

"All the other ones are at the North Entrance. We advise you not to go out there!" The Deck Officer fought Anakin.

"Anakin, stay here." Han joined in.

"What? You're joking." Anakin protested, "You think I'm just going to let my son freeze out there?"

"No, that's why you're sending me. Besides, you have Leia and Chewie to comfort. I want to do this. Keep an eye out on the North Entrance scanners for me. I'll bring him back, trust me." Han told him.

That last sentence rang in Anakin's ears. The same thing Anakin said when he went to go bring (Y/N) home. For some reason he felt it was going to be okay. With a silent nod, Anakin gave his approval. He was getting too old for this.

"I'll be back." Han readjusted himself.

"Your Tauntaun'll freeze before you reach the first marker!" The Deck Officer pleaded one last time.

"Then I'll see you in hell!" Han gave his one-liner before leaving.

Anakin worked his way back to the control room. Leia got to him before he could get to her.

"You let him go out there by himself?" Leia grabbed Anakin to look down at her.

"Luke is out there, he wanted to go out there. He wouldn't let me go. They are going to be fine. I can feel it-" Anakin tried to soothe her.

"Enough of the Force crap. You're so selfish allowing Han out there just for your son. Luke is the Jedi, he should be saving Han! Now I've lost both of them and you- you.." Leia calmed herself down, she certainly had her mothers' fire. Anakin grabbed her shoulders and hugged her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. I'm just worried." Leia closed her eyes and accepted the hug. Anakin nodded, and kissed the top of her head. His heart pounded for her, feeling her affections for Captain Solo growing.

"I know." He held onto her. She didn't know this was her father, not really. Anakin never told her because it would only raise even more questions about their mother which Luke has been pestering about for 2 years now. But she felt it, in the back of her mind she felt a sense of home with Anakin.

Anakin knows he has to come clean soon, very soon, but he just can't. He doesn't feel like it's the right time yet, he doesn't know what the right time will feel like but it's not yet. Plus what good would it do for Leia? Anakin lives in the fear of the truth. Meanwhile Leia is secretly suffering in her loss of family.

"We'll wait. I'll wait with you. We can watch the scanners until they come back." Anakin released her from his grasp.

"I'd rather watch the doors if that's okay? You're welcome to join me. It just will feel better if I'm there." Leia told him.

"Yes, of course." Anakin nodded and followed her into the North hangar where the Millennium Falcon lay with Chewie standing beside it.

"I can't wait until they both come back just so I can smack them for being so foolish." Leia shook her head. Yup, there's (Y/N)'a fire.

The three of them sat waiting for some kind of sign. Anakin actually meditated trying to see through the force, but all he was able to see was snow in that blizzard.

"Sir! All the patrols are in, still no-" the deck officer approached Rieekan. Rieekan, in respect to the three who sat and waited waved for him to talk more quiet. "Still no contact with Skywalker or Solo."

"Princess Leia!" 3PO decided to report, "R2 says he has been quite unable to pick up any signals. Although he does admit that his own range may be far too weak to abandon all hope."

"Your highness, Master Skywalker." The Deck Officer addressed them, "There's nothing more we can do tonight, the shield doors must be closed."

The two gave a silent nod. Chewie got up from his place and hung onto the side of the Millennium Falcon.

"R2 says the chances of survival, are 725 to 1." 3PO announces. Anakin gives him a glare feeling the sadness from Leia.

"They're going to live." Anakin says confidently. For whatever reason, he feels it. They are alive.

Leia watches until the shield doors officially shut. She hangs her head after the loud bang sounds as the doors collide. Chewie sends out a wail in grief of his friends stuck out there.

"Actually, R2 has been known to make mistakes." 3PO retracts. Anakin regretted ever making him in that moment, "From time to time."

Leia got up, and went back to her chambers. Anakin watched as his droids interacted.

"Don't worry, R2. I'm sure we will see Master Luke again. He is quite clever, you know. For a human."3PO comforted his pal. Anakin had to chuckle at them. R2 rolled over to Anakin, beeping something sounding like sadness.

"It'll be alright, buddy. I can feel it." Anakin patted the droids head.

~

First thing when the sun came up on the planet of Hoth, the Rebels deployed a fleet searching for the two.

Anakin was up in the air and searching.

"R2, you getting anything?" Anakin asked, his eyebrows knit in concentration. A few moments after he asked, a beep appeared on his scanners.

"Echo Base, I've got something. Not much, but it could be a life form." Anakin reported back. He switched his transmitter to try and reach anything in his area.

"Luke, do you copy?" Anakin asked into the void. After no response, he asked again, "Han, do you copy? This is Anakin." He began to get worried. What if his gut feeling was wrong?

"Luke, do you copy!" Anakin desperately asked.

"Good morning! Nice of you guys to drop by." Han's cheeky voice came through.

"Echo Base, this is Rogue 2." Anakin switched his transmitter, "I've found them, repeat, I've found them."