67.

The inevitable happens, the elevator opens. Majka and Anakin enter the room alone. They walk across the dark space to stand before the throne, beneath the gaze of the Emperor. Majka bows to her Master. The Emperor motions her to rise.

Anakin was disgusted by his presence, finally, he was able to see the disgusting piece of filth who ruined every part of his life.

"Welcome, Master Skywalker. I have been expecting you." The Emporer looked his abled body up and down. Anakin looked at the hooded figure defiantly, the same way he used to at any other enemy of his when he was young. The Emperor then looks down at Anakin binders.

"You no longer need those." The emperor motions slightly with his finger and the binders fall to Anakin's feet.

"Wow, thank you. That was really my whole problem with this situation." Anakin rubbed his wrists.

"Guards, leave us." The emperor excused his guards, feeling cocky as ever as he looked down at a boy who seemingly hadn't changed. The red-cloaked guards turn and disappear behind the elevator.

"I'm looking forward to completing your training. In time you will call me Master." The Emperor smiled gruesomely.

"You're gravely mistaken. See, I'm already a Master." Anakin smiles cockily.

"Surely a Jedi never stops learning." The Emperor said, "Especially one such as yourself, Anakin Skywalker."

"If you're thinking you can convert me to the dark side the same way you did for my wife, you're wrong." Anakin clenched a fist.

"Oh no, my sweet pupil. You will find that it is you who are mistaken...about a great many things."

"His lightsaber." Majka hands it to her master. The Emperor takes it.

"Ah, yes, a Jedi's weapon." Darth Sidious examines it as if it were an old friend, "By now you must know your wife can never be turned from the dark side."

"You're wrong." Thinking of the plan, "Soon I'll be dead...and you with me."

"Perhaps you refer to the imminent attack of your Rebel fleet." The Emperor laughs, and Anakin looks up sharply.

"Yes...I assure you we are quite safe from your friends here." The Emperor practically hummed.

"I'm afraid your overconfidence is your weakness." Anakin bit his cheek. Majka looked Anakin up and down. She admired his behavior.

"Your faith in your friends is yours." Darth Sidious spits back.

"They're my children, not just my friends." Anakin found himself getting hot-headed.

"It is pointless to resist," Majka warned.

"Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your friends up there on the Sanctuary Moon..." The Emperor led on, Anakin feigned a reaction, he knew the Emperor already knew where they were, "...are walking into a trap. As is your Rebel fleet. It was I who allowed the Alliance to know the location of the shield generator. I assure you it is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best troops awaits them."

Anakin had a hard time paying attention to the Emperors words, he started thinking of his plan B. Granted, he should have thought of this sooner. He found himself staring at his lightsaber in the Emperors hand.  Through the round window behind the Emperor's throne can be seen the distant flashes of the space battle in progress.

"Come, boy. See for yourself." The Emperor motioned to the window behind him.

"I'm flattered, I'd hardly say I'm a boy anymore." Anakin smiled, walking up to a small section of the window. 

"In comparison to me, my friend, you're but a boy. With so much to learn.." The Emperor eyed the back of Anakin's head, to Anakin's horror they seemed to be losing the battle outside, "From here you will witness the final destruction of the Rebel Alliance and the end of your insignificant Rebellion. You see there is no escape, my young apprentice. The alliance will die, and so will all of your friends."

"That's where you're wrong, Palpatine." Anakin boldly turned around, noticing his same tactic he's used for his wife, "It's hardly insignificant if you wanted me here so badly."

"Oh.." Sidious smirked, "Who wouldn't want the Chosen One in their corner?"

"I won't be turning. I never have, I never will." Anakin replied, "If you wanted me in your corner, you would've tried when I was young and.. malleable."

"Not even to be with the love of your life?" Sidious crooked his head, his skin looked so dried Anakin thought even that little of a crack would turn his skin into dust. Just the sentence brought heat across his skin. "Oh, I can see you didn't like that."

Anakin stares at his wife, pleading one last time. He sees a change in her eyes, like she may pass out.

 Inside Majka's head was a wild frenzy of memories, she kept scratching at that wall and it finally broke. Hearing the Emperor refer to her as the love of Anakin's life did it. She was breathing much harder, but you couldn't hear it because the mask always had her breathing loud. The Emperor was so focused on Anakin he hardly paid attention to the scene behind him. The old man put a hand up to get Anakin's attention back.

 "You want her back don't you?" The Emperor mocked him, pronouncing each syllable so carefully, caressing Anakin's lightsaber that sat on the armrest of the throne, "Good. I can feel your anger swelling in you. Strike me down with it, take your saber. I am unarmed. Give in to your hatred. And your journey towards the dark side will finally be complete."

 "Hate is such a strong word." Anakin knew he had to act, as much as he knew what was coming he had to follow through with it. Looking up at his love, her posture returned he hoped something was working. He forced his lightsaber into his hand and held it in his old fighting stance. "I prefer something stronger when it comes to you."

 When he struck down, Majka's red lightsaber came down to clash with it like muscle memory. The Emperor just laughed as the two stayed in their positions. With locked eyes, neither of them dared to move. Majka looked down at the connection, then back up, nodding her head to the side. She had a plan. She need only hoped it was different from the Emperors plan since her whole life it seemed someone else was inside her head.