v (kim taehyung)

for @kimstae

when you're stressed over exams

you were ready to jump off a bridge at this point.

there was so much stuff to study for that your brain was about to explode. but you had to do well on these exams. you wouldn't let yourself get a bad score.

you sighed for the millionth time that day and laid your head over your textbooks.

you were glad the library was a quiet place. you could study in it's quiet peace. your house wasn't an ideal place to study, with your younger siblings running around the place and your parents shouting at them to calm down.

"y/n?"

you looked up from your calculus textbook and came face to face with one of your classmates.

"oh, hey, taehyung."

"you okay?" he asked, sitting down next to you. "you look very stressed."

you ran a hand through your hair. "yeah, i kind of am. i don't understand calculus very well." you sighed.

"which part? maybe i can help." he offered, pointing to your textbook.

"this part," you said, pointing to a specific practice problem.

to your surprise, taehyung managed to teach you how to do it in a way that you understood. you wouldn't have thought that taehyung was very smart-- not saying he was dumb, but he just didn't look like the type to pay attention in class.

"thank you so much, taehyung!" you smiled. "i owe you one!"

"can i take you up on that offer now?" he asked.

you smiled before nodding. "sure." you closed your textbook and held it in your arm and stood up.

he grabbed your hand and led you out of the library.

"where are we going?" you asked.

"ice cream!" he smiled that signature rectangular smile of his. "you and i both need it. don't worry, i'll pay." he said.

"but, i owe you!" you argued.

"then pay next time!" he winked.

you felt your cheeks turn pink as you laughed.

you never thought that calculus would be this rewarding.