jimin (park jimin)

when he confesses

"hey, hey, y/n!" your friend, eunji, says excited, slapping your arm repeatedly as you reached into your school bag to get your lunch.

"what? stop hitting me!" you scolded, lightly slapping her hand away.

"doesn't jimin look so handsome today?" she gushed, staring out the window into the hallway. you swore you could almost see the stars appearing in her eyes as jimin walked past their class. you rolled your eyes and smiled. you knew that eunji has had a crush on jimin for the longest time. you tried talking some sense into her, reminding her that he was a year older than the both of you, and that he probably didn't even know her name. but she didn't let that faze her, so you didn't let it bother you.

"sure, sure." you laughed. "come on, let's find a place to eat lunch."

both of you walked out of the classroom and sat at a bench under a tree.

"what do you have?" eunji asked. you showed her your pail which contained only white rice and a fried egg.

"what? that's not enough! here!" she exclaimed, picking up a couple pieces of meat from her pail and putting it into yours.

"you don't have to! i don't have that much of an appetite today." you said, about to give it back.

"no, you can't do that," she said, making an x shape with her chopsticks. "no taksies, backsies."

you laughed at her childish language. "okay then. thanks."

lunch was going smoothly. you two had talked about normal events like the upcoming choir concert you were both going to, and planned a day to hang out outside of school.

suddenly, a loud, obnoxious laughing was heard in the distance not too far from the two of you.

you turned around from your position on the bench and saw three guys about to sit on the grass about twenty feet away from the both of you and eat their lunch.

"y/n! jimin's right there!" she whispered loudly, but not loud enough for them to hear.

"you should go talk to him," you nudged her shoulder, giving her a sneaky look.

"no, have you gone mad? he'd never talk to someone like me." she said, sadly.

"it's okay." you pat her back comfortingly. you continued to secretly watch the three of them with eunji. you knew jimin, of course. there were two more people he was eating with. you didn't know their names but you knew that all three of them were handsome, even if one of them had an odd rectangular smile and the other one had rabbit teeth.

"wow, is it even legal for all three of them to be so attractive?" your friend swooned, laying the side of her head on her arm as she admired them.

"i thought you were loyal to jimin," you teased.

"it's not illegal to look at other guys," she winked. you laughed, and was suddenly hit in the cheek.

"he's looking this way!" your friend practically screamed.

you looked at the group, and made eye contact with jimin, causing him to look away quickly. you watched as his friends teased him.

"he was looking at you!" she said, shaking your shoulders.

"why are you so excited? i thought you liked him," you whispered.

"but i'm willing to give up on him if he likes you!" she smiled. you stared at her in awe as she gave up on him so quickly just because he looked at you. "and besides, his rectangle smile friend is pretty cute, too." she said, hearts showing in her eyes.