rap monster (kim namjoon)

for @unicornsunite_

namjoon groans as he stretches his body in his office chair.

ever since the birth of his daughter, namjoon had spent most of his time in the office, insisting that his wife take it easy and stay home with the baby.

but due to his long hours at work, he doesn't get to spend much time with his family because he spent most of his time working to support them. when he wakes up in the morning, the baby is still asleep, and when he gets home she's already fallen back asleep.

he cracks his back before hunching back over his laptop and continuing his work.

★☆ ★☆★☆

namjoon wakes up the next morning to coughing and the sound of someone blowing their nose.

"jagi?" he mumbles, sitting up in bed while rubbing his eyes.

"good morning," you mumble, with a tissue in your nose.

"y/n, are you sick?" he sat up straight, wide awake, as he put his hand on your forehead.

"i'm fine," you say, trying to get out of bed. "i'll make breakfast, go get ready for work."

he pulled your arm back into bed. "no, you're resting today. i'll take a day off work."

"jagi, no," you start, "i'm fine, it's just a little fever."

he cuts you off by kissing your forehead as he tucks you into bed. "you work really hard, y/n. take a day off." he caresses your cheek before he walks to the door. "get some sleep, okay?" namjoon leaves the room and comes back with a wet towel. he places it on your forehead before softly closing the door.

★☆ ★☆★☆

"thanks, jin." namjoon says as he accepts the tray from his friend. "i don't trust myself cooking for her, but thank god you were able to save me."

"no problem," he says. "how's y/n feeling?"

"she's asleep right now, but i hope she's feeling better now that she's resting." he ran a hand through his hair. "she does so much for the family. i feel bad that i'm not always here to support her."

jin pats his friend's shoulders. "no worries. you're doing great. i gotta get to work. see you."

namjoon waves jin off before closing the front door and putting the breakfast jin cooked on the table.

as soon as he sets it down, though, he hears a cry echo through the house.

namjoon dashes into the baby's room and picks her up, rocking her back and forth to calm her down. he changes her diaper and her clothes before heating up a bottle of formula for her.

he sits down on the couch with the baby in his arms as he begins to feed her.

he plays with her small fingers that lightly encircled the bottle, and takes the chance to admire her facial features.

"you look just like your mother," he whispers. "beautiful."

before he knew it, she head finished the whole bottle.

"good job!" he says, before putting the 6 month old over his shoulder and burping her.

his eyes land on a teddy bear he had bought for her when she was born and hands it to her.

she pokes its eyes, which are the size of her baby hands, before hugging the bear that's almost her own size.

she sits upright with a bit of a wobbly head still, and leans against namjoon's chest.

"dah dee," she mumbles.

namjoon's eyes shoot down to look at her. "w-what did you just say?"

"daaahdeee!" she shouts as she laughs.

his heart rate picks up as a smile appears across his face. he picks the child up and spins out of joy.

"you said daddy! you said daddy!" he shouts, as he dances with the child in his arms in the living room.

"have you said mommy yet?" he whispers, as if she could understand. "you said my name first right?"

"yes, she has."

namjoon turns his head over to the new voice. "y/n, i thought i told you to get some rest," he says walking over you and kissing you on the head, slightly dejected that he wasn't first.

you laugh. "i can't exactly rest when you're shouting all over the house." you say good morning to her daughter before smelling something great. "it smells so good!" you walk to the kitchen and open the tray on the table and pick up a piece of bacon to eat.

"...did jin cook this?"

namjoon laughs as he walks over to you, still giddy that his daughter called him daddy for the first time.