suga (min yoongi) pt. 1

for @JongMitzYannieIn

"yoongi, how many times have i told you to take your shoes off before you come in?"

yoongi sighs and walks back over to the door to dispose of his footwear, quietly mocking you by repeating your words in a high pitched voice.

you sigh and run a hand through your hair. it seemed like all the two of you ever did recently was fight and argue with each other. in the past few months you two had argued over the stupidest, insignificant things: ice cream flavors, where to go get lunch, music taste, sock choices-- the list goes on.

"you don't take off your shoes when you come in my house," yoongi snaps, plopping back onto her couch and putting his feet on the coffee table. "i bet you don't let jimin take off his shoes when he comes over."

you resist the urge to tell him to put his feet on the floor because you're not motivated enough to argue for another stupid reason.

"i always take off my shoes when i go to your house, and jimin has nothing to do with this conversation."

he remains silent and doesn't speak to you for a while, keeping all his attention on the tv in front of the two of you.

he was watching a scary movie, and you hated movies like this. but you decided to stay and watch next to him because it felt like your friendship had been drifting apart these past few months. he was one of your best friends, and you hated fighting with him.

you let out a short scream when the ghost jumps onto the screen, and yoongi glances at you with a look that says "really?"

you cower deeper into the cushions and sit a little further away from him out of embarrassment, mumbling a 'sorry' to him.

you spent the rest of the night not paying attention to the movie and zoning out while staring at the floor until you fell asleep.

◎◎◎

you wake up with a sore back in the same position you were in the night before. you assumed yoongi had left already judging by the tv that was turned off and the absence of his shoes by the door.

you stretch your back and go to the bathroom to freshen up.

usually if you had fallen asleep he would've taken you to your room and tucked you in, but last night he just left you there.

you sighed. you two had been best friends since high school, and now you were watching it all fall apart before your very eyes.

you start making breakfast-- bacon and eggs with a side of toast. you start making the eggs as the bacon is cooking when you hear a knock at the door.

you look up in question. who was coming at eight am? it couldn't be yoongi-- your mind didn't want it to be yoongi after he had gotten mad at you yesterday. but your heart wished it was yoongi so you could try to make amends.

your heart got what it asked for.

"you made breakfast?" he asks, stepping into your house with a plastic bag in his hands while taking off his shoes. you smile.

"yes. want some?"

he gave you a stern look. "i left a note on your couch saying i was gonna bring breakfast over." he holds up the bag. "pancakes from that one place we went to."

your eyes dart to the couch and lo-and-behold there was a yellow sticky note you had neglected to read.

"oh. sorry. we can still eat it. i didn't make much."

"whatever." yoongi says. "not like i went out of my way to get this or anything."

"i apologized, yoongi. stop trying to argue with me."

he shrugs and drops the bag on your coffee table. "eat it if you want to. i couldn't care less."

you let out an exhausted sigh. it was too early for him to be doing this.

"i will eat it, yoongi. thank you."

"whatever." he says as he starts scrolling through his phone.

he had never been this cold and monotone to you before. in the five or so years you two had been friends he had never once treated you like you were something he had to deal with.

"it smells like something's burning." he says, interrupting your train of thoughts.

you curse and run to the kitchen only to find the charred remains of your breakfast. you turn off the stove and sigh.

"you can't even cook bacon and eggs right?" yoongi said, scoffing. you feel yourself getting more and more angry at his words. "you should be glad i brought breakfast over."

you snap.

"you know what? if you don't want to be here, then just leave. get out. i'm sick and tired of the way you have been treating me and the way we have been arguing over stupid shit." you ran a hand through your hair. "i thought i was your friend, yoongi."

"who are you to talk? hasn't jimin replaced me in your life? you don't even have to right to say that i treated you wrong." he retorts, raising his voice.

"what the hell does jimin have to do with this?" you scream, probably waking up your neighbors. but you could care less at this point. "stop bringing in irrelevant people. jimin is a friend. you are a friend, and i've always thought of you as my best friend." you scoff. "i guess you don't see our relationship like that anymore."

yoongi is silent.

a tear streams down your face unconsciously. "please leave. and take the pancakes with you. i'm not hungry."

"you're right."

you give him a questioning look.

"i don't see us like that anymore."

you nod. "that's what i thought, so can you please le--"

you are silenced by his lips on top of yours.

your eyes go wide as you let out a little squeal.

you weren't sure if you were supposed to respond. you felt something more but at the same time you felt awkward and slightly uncomfortable.

his hand cups your cheek and simultaneously wipes away the remnants of the tear that fell.

he slowly moves his face away, licking his lips but in the process his tongue accidentally grazing your lips.

"that's how i see us."

he shoves his hands in his pockets and walks out your front door, leaving you standing in the kitchen, bewildered.

your hand makes its way to touch your lips and you stand there unable to comprehend what just happened.

your eyes land on the plastic bag in the living room and open it.

you sigh.

now you were more confused about how you felt about him.

but the heart shaped pancakes that were obviously homemade verified his feelings for you.

a/n: part 2? (: