jin (kim seokjin)

when you break his heart

"y/n, you can't keep doing this."

you groaned as your friend's voice echoed through your head. the fact that you were hungover right now was not helping.

"god, jin. stop yelling!" you retorted, flipping around on the couch.

"i'm not yelling. i'm barely even talking." you heard him sigh from his position in the kitchen.

you pulled the blankets higher and massaged your forehead. the world was practically spinning around you and jin's "talking" was not helping.

"yah," he said, pulling down your blanket. you winced at the light that hit your eyes.

"drink this. it'll help your headache." you watched as he placed a bowl of chicken soup on your coffee table.

you sat up from your position on the couch while trying to control the world spinning around you.

"thanks, jin. but i'm not really hungry right now--"

"eat."

you couldn't protest as he was already holding the spoon up to your mouth.

"thank you." you mumbled as you took a sip.

"you can't keep doing this after a break up. what is this-- like your third break up in the past two months?" he scolded.

"i know. but the alcohol makes the pain go away." you mumbled as he fed you another spoon.

he sighed. "what do you even see in those guys? they're just going to hurt you anyways. i didn't like any of them, especially yoongi."

you laughed. "well, i did. even if it was for a little while."

jin looked at you in pity.

"why?" he asked, breaking the silence.

"why what?"

"why them? why don't you fall in love with someone who can care for you and love you back? why don't you fall in love with someone who can devote all his time to you?" he said, putting the bowl on his lap.

"...why not me?"

your eyes widened as he realized what he said.

"s-sorry. i wasn't thinking. here, have another spoon." he said, lifting a spoon to your mouth.

you shook you head. "i never knew you felt that way. i'm sorry for hurting you." you said, looking down."

"it's okay. i got used to it." he laughed, putting the bowl on the table. "do you need anything else? i need to go," he said as he put his jacket on.

you shook your head. jin nodded and headed to the door.

"bye, y/n. feel better. take aspirin if your headache gets worse." he said, closing the door behind him.

"bye." you whispered as he left.

suddenly you'd rather have jin's yelling echo through your head rather than this silence.