suga (min yoongi)

when you're mad at him

you were excited.

you had barely gotten enough sleep the night before, but you were too excited to sleep anyways.

you got out of bed and opened the curtains, letting the sun brighten your dark bedroom. you grabbed your phone and texted your boyfriend.

"good morning, yoongi! happy one year anniversary~ don't forget our date tonight at the beach! love you! <3"

you walked into your kitchen and set your phone on the counter. then you walked over to the oven and and cooked up a bunch of dishes and finger foods that you and your boyfriend liked.

you took you all morning and all afternoon, but it was worth it. by the time you finished making the last dish-- desert: your chocolate cupcakes that he loved-- it was almost time for the date.

you quickly packed all that you made into the picnic basket and got ready. you knew that he didn't care about what you wore. all he cared about was your company.

he hadn't replied to your text, but you tried not to let it get to you. you didn't want to be mad on your anniversary. maybe he was planning something, too? maybe he was getting you a last minute present? he seemed like the type to do that.

"i'm on the way now!" you texted him.

you smiled at your phone wallpaper. it was a picture of the both of you on your one month anniversary at the movies. you couldn't believe you had already spent a whole year with him.

you got in your car and left the house, picnic basket in hand, and drove to the beach.

when you arrived, you found a good place to watch the sunset and settled there. you laid out the blanket, but decided to keep the food in the basket to keep it warm.

you waited. you occasionally played some games on your phone because you were a little early to the date location anyways, and he was always late.

but this time he was later than usual. usually, if he was going to be late, he would call or text you to let you know. but you hadn't heard any response from him since you had texted him this morning.

you calmed yourself down. maybe his phone broke.

⊲⊳

yoongi woke up to a darkened sky.

"damn, slept for a while." he groaned, getting up and rubbing his head.

he grabbed his phone off his nightstand and walked to the restroom to brush his teeth.

while brushing, he unlocked his phone to listen to some music, when a set of text messages made his toothbrush fall out of his mouth.

"good morning, yoongi! happy one year anniversary~ don't forget our date tonight at the beach! love you! <3"

"i'm on the way now!"

"hey, where are you? i've been here for almost twenty minutes. is everything okay?"

his phone said it was 7:30.

their date was at 5:30.

he quickly brushed his teeth and got ready in under five minutes, and rushed to their date location with his gift for you in his hands. he was silently thanking taehyung for making him pick out a gift earlier in the week rather than last minute.

but he was cursing at himself the entire car ride there.

but by the time he arrived, the beach was empty.

yoongi felt his heart drop as he sighed.

he drove over to your house-- where he knew you were probably crying alone. the thought of you being sad because of him killed him.

he opened your door with the key he knew you hid under your doormat. he whispered your name as he carefully walked into your apartment, closing the door behind him. he noticed the picnic basket sitting on the kitchen counter and felt like a complete asshole.

he could tell that you had worked so hard for this day, but he was too much of an idiot to even remember to wake up.

he walked to your bedroom, and saw you laying on your bed with your covers pulled up to cover your head.

he heard your slight sniffling from under the covers and felt his heart break. it was all his fault.

he walked closer to you and put his hand on your shoulder.

"hey, y/n." he whispered.

he felt your shock as you pulled away from his touch.

"yoongi..." you said, wiping your eyes. "nice of you to show up."

he went into a full ninety degree bow, apologizing nonstop.

"yoongi, i waited an hour for you. i kept telling myself to wait five more minutes, because maybe you would've shown up, but you didn't," you said as you got out of bed and walked out of the room.

he sat on your floor like a sad puppy. he knew he screwed up hard, but he didn't know how to fix it. his eyes wandered around your room. you had pictures of family and friends on your walls, but there were many pictures of the both of you by your desk. there was even a framed photo of the both of you at the park on her nightstand.

his eyes also landed on a guitar that leaned against your wall.

⊲⊳

you sat on the couch and watched tv. you were still mad at him, but you were more disappointed than mad at this point.

suddenly, you heard guitar plucking getting louder and louder. you turned off the television as your boyfriend walked into the room, guitar in hand.

he began singing. singing was something you had never seen him do. even in his band, you had only seen him rap. never once had you heard him sing.

"you're beautiful," he sang, walking closer to you. "cham gwaenchanhji anhni uri dul." he sat in front of you on the floor, his cheeks tinted pink. "maennal ireohge ddo sangsangeul hae, you'll be with me, with me." he looked into your eyes as he stopped singing.

"i'm so sorry, y/n." he said, reaching over to hold your hand as he laid the guitar on the floor. "i was an idiot. i'm so sorry. please forgive me." he reached over to where he left his gift for you and gave it to you.

a tear slipped out of your eyes as you smiled at him. "i can never stay mad at you for long, yoongi." you hugged him tight and cried into his chest.

he planted a kiss on the top of your head. "i love you, y/n. happy anniversary."

"happy anniversary," you said muffled into his chest. "now," you released him and stood up. "why don't we enjoy our dinner?" you said, pointing to the picnic basket.

he nodded. "i would love to."

he never thought that singing would save his ass like this one day.

a/n: sorry suga is so out of character here ew

and as for the gift just imagine it being anything you want