jeon jungkook (jungkook)

for @bwiikuk

your hands were stuffed deep into your pockets as you walked along the sidewalk.

your best friend, jungkook, had asked you to meet him at the park. you were excited-- it had been a while since the two of you had hung out. he was always so busy with his other friends that you thought he forgot about you sometimes.

you exhaled through your mouth, watching as the air turned into a fog before your very eyes. you snuggled the lower half of your face back into your scarf before your sight fell upon a familiar figure on a swing set.

"kookie--" you being to say, but you caught yourself before changing your path to approach him from behind.

you snickered at the thought of him jumping up and out of the swing seat out of surprise, but all of it was ruined when he said:

"you laugh really loud, you know?"

you sigh in defeat and walk in front of him.

he takes a moment to gaze at you. your small self clad in simple black tights, a thick navy blue jacket, black boots, and a grey beanie.

simple but beautiful, and he wouldn't have it any other way.

"how have you been?" you ask, taking a seat on the swing next to him.

"good." he replies. "you?"

"good." you say, smiling at him before gently swinging. "why'd you call me out today?"

"i had something i wanted to get off my chest." he says.

"i'm all ears." you say as you slow down your swinging. he notices your actions and gets off his swing, walking behind you.

you feel his hands push your back gently as your feet leave the ground.

"there's this girl i've known since forever," he starts. he pushes you again and you start to swing higher.

"and she's the most beautiful girl i've ever met." your heart aches a bit with his words but you let it go once the warmth of his hands meet your back once again.

"we used to always hang out and get ice cream together as kids." your eyebrow raises in familiarity, but he pushes you once again.

"she would always get ice cream on her nose and i would make fun of her about it to hide the fact that she looked so cute to me." his pushes become more gentle and you feel your swinging lose height.

"and i saw her again today, after months of being too busy to contact her."

your heart thumps in your chest, and you couldn't bring yourself to turn your head and look at him.

"she's wearing a grey beanie," he says, "and a blue jacket that's very soft." you come to a complete stop and you hear his footsteps against the playground floor.

he stands in front of you and crouches down to your height in the swing.

he takes your cold hand in his warm ones and caresses it.

"and i wanted to tell her that i'm in love with her."