Chapter 1

Tom and Jerry; rumor states that these two have been fighting since they were old enough to walk. They've been kicked out of more houses and homes than you can count, and they continue to destroy houses and even castles with their reckless fighting and violent behavior. At this rate, those two would never find a forever home. Tom would become a worse bad luck charm than the black cat, and poor Jerry could very well get.....exterminated. If the cat and mouse wanted to live full lives, they would have to stop someday, right? 

               How did you know everything about the famous game of cat and mouse? Well, word spreads pretty fast in the Veterinary Clinic. You were a small mouse living in the walls of the animal hospital. You would overhear animals talking about the latest gossip, and Tom and Jerry were one of the most popular topics. Heck, you've seen them covered head to toe in bandages before!! Of course, you never talked to them, especially Jerry. 

​​​​​​               He was a hero to mice everywhere; risking his life to preserve the reputation of rodents all around the globe. Jerry was smart, strong, and an overall comedian that everyone looked up to, including you. You were a simple mouse that other small rodents went to for medical treatment. Of course, you always wished for a more adventurous life. You loved helping those in need, but you longed for a thrilling experience that made your heart beat in suspense and anxiety. 

~~You didn't realize how close your dream was to becoming reality~~

Tom and Jerry: 326th House

               The cat and mouse were at it again, only this time was a little more.....intense. Jerry may have pushed Tom off his rocker this time. The brown mouse darted left while dogging the bullets that aimed at his small body. He could hear the dramatic chase music playing over and over again in his tiny head. The rodent slid on his stomach and into his small hole in the wall. A bullet impacted the wooden plants right in front of the hole, making dust and splinters fly in the air. 

                Jerry began packing a few necessities. He expected the owner of the house to come stomping in and second; they always do. They would kick Tom out for ruining their home, call an exterminator to kill the mouse in the wall, and force the two animals to find another shelter. As Jerry began packing this mini suitcase, he heard some kind of sawing from behind. The mouse turned to to see a sharp knife, cutting through the wall and into his home.

                 The owner still hasn't arrived by the time Tom finished cutting the wall. Jerry tried to make a break for the outside world, his freedom. Sadly, Tom had other plans in mind. All of the exits were barricaded and locked right, making escape impossible. Jerry felt himself being lifted off the floor, his entire body being compressed by a furry white paw. As the mouse looked up at his for, he could see something in the cat's eyes: angry, frustration, inpatients.  

                   Tom lifted his free hand up in the air and balled it into a right fist. Jerry knew what was coming next, and he closed his eyes, waiting for pain to come. The cat slammed his fist into the mouse's small head, knocking out the poor rodent in mere seconds. At first, Tom had the largest grin on his face as he danced around with the mouse in his paw.

                     As the cat watched the mouse flop around unconsciously, a small tingle in the cat's heart began to sting. The smile immediately turned upside down as Tom began searching for any sign of life in the poor rodent. When the cat felt Jerry breathe, he released a sigh of relief. He never realized how much of a bind he had with the mouse until now. He allowed the mouse to lay in his hand, painfully sleeping away the trauma he had endured. 

What had he done to his best friend?!