Chapter 9

You were now seated on a park bench with Jerry and Nibbles. Young mice were playing in the park, giving off a friendly and happy atmosphere. Sadly, your conversation with the young boy was not. You had to explain to the cute child about Jerry's conditions in ways that he would understand. You tried to make it sound less depressing than it really was, but tears still spilled from the young rodent's eyes.

        "You are saying that Uncle Jerry doesn't remember me?" Nibbles asked as tears fell from his cute little cheeks.

 Jerry rubbed any remaining tears away, feeling guilty for his nephew's sadness.

        "I'm afraid so, but we believe that taking him to familiar places or seeing friends and family will help him remember," you said, trying to make him a little happier.

        Nibbles rubbed away some more salty tears before taking a deep breath. Giving his uncle a large hug he said, "I miss you, Uncle Jerry."

        You quickly rubbed your own tears away. You always teared up at moments like these. Jerry had tears threatening to spill as well. You knew he probably felt to blame for the events and the sad emotions around him. Of course, he wasn't the reason for this. There was no way he could prevent losing his memories. After a little more time to formerly reunite, the three of you began to leave the city to finally begin your adventure.

        Nibbles knew of many places that you could journey to. Hopefully, one of the places would give Jerry's head a jolt of memory. Better yet, maybe the mouse's memories would awaken in time. That way, you wouldn't need to risk your lives out in the world. Of course, you enjoyed the thrill you felt when beating that large cat in the alley, but you could possibly die at the next predator you meet.

        When you left the large tree, the sun was high in the sky, about noon or early afternoon. Many children and animals were laughing and giggling in the park like the young rodents you had been surrounded by before underground. With so many people around, you thought it would be a good idea stay in the city until it was dark. Sadly, the other two didn't follow your plan. Next thing you knew, a young child dropped their backpack near the tree before running off to play with his friends. Jerry lifted Nibbles into his arms while using his free hand to lead you to the bag.

        Hopping inside, you made yourself comfortable among the various action figures, goldfish snack bags, and Pokémon cards. You prayed that no nosey dog would find you inside the bag, and that the child would return and leave the park soon. Turns out, you had to stay in the bag for half an hour before you felt someone pick up the bag and walk out of the park.

        "Hopefully, we will be heading near the subway station," you said in a loud whisper. "Then we can head anywhere in the city."

        "I think we should head to the jail first," said Nibbles. "There may be someone Uncle Jerry knows or even fans that will help him remember cool adventures he's had."

        With that goal resting in your heads, you waited in the backpack until you were close enough to the subway. You still had a lot of traveling to do since the boy had made it home before you made it to the station. After walking many blocks, you reached the stairwell that went underground. Running down the stairwell, you made it to the human subway station. Of course, no rodent would risk their life to travel with humans.

        Connected to the bottom of every subway car is a small metal box. This metal box is how the small rodent of the city travel. Wherever the subway goes, rodents are able to travel as well. After buying tickets, the three of you jumped into the carrier. Next stop, Prison also known as the Humane Society.

***Just some quick info for you guys. The little box connected to the subways was not my idea. In fact, I believe it was from a really old cartoon I used to watch, "Country Mouse and City Mouse." If you know what this show is, I LOVE YOU!!!! If not, check out the show!!!***