Chapter 3

With the help of some other mice from the hospital, you were able to bring the injured hero to the safe haven. You got the mouse out just in time; the two cats came back to take Jerry, but we're instead baffled by his disappearance. You took the poor mouse into the hospital were you diagnosed him with the obvious brain trauma. You did what you could for him, and have him some space to rest.

With your hero in a hospital bed with a severe injury, you couldn't find the will to leave for the night. Instead, you stayed at work and watched the mouse the I ugh the surveillance cameras to make sure be was stable. You had no idea if Jerry would be find, never be the same, or even wake up. You were scared and frightened by the fact that such a respected and noble rodent could fall so unexpectedly.

You went through the entire night filled with worry, stress, and with very little sleep. You decided to head to the break room for a small cup of coffee to perk you up. You yawned quietly as you waited for your drink to brew. You tried rubbing the sleep from your eyes as you listened to the coffee maker work its magic. You were slightly awakened by the loud ding of the machine, but you immediately returned to your tired state.

With a cup of Joe in hand, you walked to the front desk once again. Luckily, there were no messages for any incoming patients which meant you could relax. You slumped from your mug and began to scan the security cameras once again. As you took another sip, your eyes rested upon Jerry's room, where you say the small mouse moving and fidgeting in bed. Your eyes grew wide as you spat your coffee all over the screen. You quickly laid your drink down on the counter and sprinted to the mouse.

When you arrived, Jerry still had his eyes closed in a pained expression. You could hear him moan with a horse voice, and you wanted to help. You quickly grabbed a paper cup, and filled it with water from the sink. As yet usual turned back to the mouse, you quietly called his name, trying to coax him out of his unconscious state. Soon, Jerry's eyes fluttered open.

You have the cup to the tired mouse before saying, "I'm (Y/N), a nurse here at the hospital. How do you feel?"

The mouse only shrugged his shoulders in response before rubbing the bump on his head. Of course, you forgot Jerry was the silent type.

"Do you remember what happened to you?" you asked, slightly concerned.

The mouse put on a pained expression, as if it was torture to remember. He simply shook his head as a "no." He began to look around, but by the expression on his face, it seemed as if he was trying very hard to remember something or anything.

Curiousity got the best of you, and you asked, "Do you remember anything?"

Once again, the rodent shook his head. His eyes began to show disappointment and despair.

"...Do you remember your own name?"

The two of you started at each other in painful silence. Your heart snapped, ripped, and shattered into dust when the rodent shook his head for the third time.